And touching those who begged for it

22 years ago

Mason's POV

"Never, ever apologise for kissing me" she said, my eyes widening as she started the lean in once more. O goodness, was she actually okay with this? Okay to kiss a grump, moody thing?

"Did any wolves attack you guys and how many?"

O fluff... I leaned away from Lacy, seeing disappointment filling her eyes.

"Only one" I responded to the wolf that had appeared, he nodded and rushed off. I turned back to Lacy, feeling guilty.

"Wait, what did you mean by only one?" Guilt flooded me as I answered her, her eyes going wide.

"Are we save here?"

"I'll protect you"

"I have no doubt you will" she grinned, placing her hands on my jaw, pulling my face towards hers. Our lips touched and fireworks erupted within my stomach. When she leaned away, I couldn't help but smile. She smiled back at me, shaking her head, "I can't believe you apologised for kissing me"

"I... I thought you would mind" My eyes were wide, my heart hammering. I've never felt this uncontrolled in my life and I didn't know if I hated or loved it. The girl in front of me just rolled her eyes, "Where's my tough Macy now huh?" she smiled, placing a hand on my knee. She leaned in, her mouth by my ear, "You know your naked right?"

Heat radiated in my cheeks and I gulped. Lacy laughed, me overly embarrassed, "You're so cute Mason" she giggled, my cheeks only reddening, "Aren't you going to say anything?"

I shook my head, my fingers reaching out for the back of her head. I pushed her towards me, bringing her lips against mine. This girl was the most annoying human in the world and she was mine. I decided that and goodness knows, if I've ever been wrong.

XXX

16 years ago

I rushed outside, my heart thundering. Luca had disappeared about ten minutes ago and I was sick with worry. He had always been an adventurous soul but at three years old, I think he was planning to give me a heart attack.

I rushed down the steps, calling my son's name. Where the hell was he? We were currently in the colder parts of the pack lands and definitely a lot more dangerous. I rushed towards the woods, praying that my son hadn't wandered off in there.

"Dad!" the scream came before I had even walked a mile. It pierced my heart and I speeded towards the sound, it coming continuously.

When I had arrived at the scene, my heart dropped. There, stuck in the icy depths of the lake was my baby boy. I rushed forward, throwing my jacket and shirt off as I went. Lastly my pants fell to the ground as I jumped into the hole my son had disappeared into. Shards of ice bit into my skin and the bitter cold was enough to make my bones crumble. Yet I surged on until I reached my son, grabbing him around the wrist before he could sink too deeply.

I wrapped my arms around his torso, pushing up to freedom. My lungs were giving out and my heart was shattering from the cold. But I made it out. O goodness I made it out.

I shoved the small body out of the icy cold water before climbing out myself. His skin was pale and his lips blue. I crouched in front of him, tears brimming. Placing my hands on his chest I started to do CPR, pushing deep into his skin and pulling out.

It felt like an eternity had passed before my son doubled over, splattering water onto the snow. He shivered uncontrollably, me quick to place my jacket over his small frame.