Chapter 8

After a long drive, the friends, with their new addition, made it Pein's house. Upon reaching the inside Deidara flopped down on the couch, Sasori sitting next to him. All of them sat down, all except Tobi.

The new addition to the group looked around as Konan patted the empty spot next to Sasori from her spot on the floor next to Pein and Madara. Tobi smiled and sat next to the red head. His attention was turned to the couple of Kakuzu and Hidan, who currently had their foreheads placed against each other's. Hidan was grinning as a soft small smile were gracing Kakuzu's face. They really were cute together (A/N:UGH GODS! MOTHER OF HATHOR I LOVE KAKUHIDA! Not as much as TobiDei though 😁)

His attention turned to Sasori and Deidara, who currently was flicked in the head by his best friend. Deidara only laughed and shoved him lightly. Tobi couldn't fight the smile that graced his masked features. In all honesty, he found Deidara's smile to be beautiful and thought he should wear one more often. And oh did he want to tell him that. To tell him that he looked so beautiful when he did smile, not that he didn't already, Tobi found Deidara to be the most beautiful man alive and his smile just added to that beauty. He was so drawn into him, and he wanted to know him better than what he already did.

Deidara looked over and smiled at Tobi "welcome to the group Tobi." Tobi flushed slightly at his words but, he had been accepted into the group of friends and all he had to do was hang around them like a lost puppy.

Hidan threw his fist in the air "hell yeah! We get a new member to our group and Kakuzu gets out of prison! I'd say this calls for a couple shots for celebrating!" The others shook their heads as the laughed, Hidan would find any reason to drink, but that's one of the reasons why they all loved him, how he hadn't died of alcohol poisoning was beyond the group of friends.

Deidara chuckled as Hidan ran towards the kitchen to get Jack Daniels (A/N:probably the wrong brand but you know what I'm getting at) and enough shot glasses for everyone.

After a couple of shots later, aside from Hidan who was currently passed out on Kakuzu's lap -since he downed half a thing of Vodka-, the group had decided to just relax. Deidara was calmly going through Instagram when he saw he got a snapchat from Hinata. He smiled and opened it to reveal Neji and Shikamaru fast asleep, Shikamaru was using Neji's lap as a pillow and it looked like the elder boy had fallen asleep while reading. One little caption was all Hinata put. 'The gay and the bisexual' Deidara snorted quietly as he took a quick picture of Hidan and Kakuzu and put 'the two gays' before sending it

Kakuzu looked at the blonde "so Deidara. What have you been up to?" Deidara scratched the back of his neck "oh not much, just the usual stuff y'know" he chuckled "that's not completely true" Konan chided softly Kakuzu looked at her, clearly interested. Konan nodded "he's been talking to and hanging out with Hinata and Neji Hyuuga as well as Shikamaru Nara." Kakuzu looked back at the blonde "really?" Deidara nodded awkwardly "yeah....they're actually not bad. Really nice actually. Especially Hinata, she's a big sweetheart. And Neji and Shikamaru are actually pretty nice too. Did you guys know they've been dating for almost two years now? They're actually pretty cute together." Deidara went on about the new group of friends he had, it was nice. He loved the close group he had right now more than his own life itself -literally- but, to feel belonged somewhere other than here....it felt refreshing. He had been an outcast for so long, hardly talking to anyone. Hardly anyone talking to him. Yet, there he was, talking about a group of three of the most popular kids since, ever really, like he'd been friends with them for years, and all it took was a small little apology about that dog brained idiot Kiba Inuzuka.

Kakuzu snorted slightly "Deidara, I'm gonna tell you this right now. And it's not to hurt you and to make you believe that everyone is like Kiba." Deidara fought the urge to roll his eyes , Kakuzu tended to act like a parent, kinda made sense since he was constantly dealing with Hidan, who acted like a child himself. "I'm letting you know right now, they look for openings to find someone to target and they play a little game and end up hurting the targeted person." "Kakuzu....." Deidara also had the fight the urge to punch the older male in the throat, not everyone was like Ino Yamanaka, or Kiba. Sighing the blonde shook his head "I don't think so Kakuzu. They're really nice and I don't see them as those kinds of people." The black haired criminal scoffed "alright, do whatever you damn well please. Just don't come crying to me when they stab you in the back."

The blonde mentally rolled his eyes before feeling a wave of tiredness wash over him. He yawned slightly before laying back, not caring what he used for a pillow. Which ended up being Tobi's lap.

The brunette only chuckled as he gently ran his fingers through the golden blonde hair upon Deidara's art loving head. Kisame smirked "you sure there's nothing going on between you and Deidara?" Tobi blushed and waved his hands slightly to dismiss the question "oh no. Deidara and I are only friends that's it..." He chuckled nervously. In Deidara's eyes, yeah they were probably just friends. But in Tobi's eyes....oh how he wanted to so much more than just friends.
He heard Itachi scoff with a slight snicker after "I can just tell by looking at you that you have a crush on him. So I'm gonna tell you right now, Deidara isn't won over very easily." Tobi tilted his head in confusion only to earn a grunt of agreement from Sasori.

"Itachi's right. When Deidara was in fifth grade his parents split apart, he's an only child so it didn't go very well with him. He hardly ever sees his mother anymore and his dad and his father's girlfriend are almost too busy to notice his presence. His trust isn't won so easy. Hell, I'm pretty sure he still doesn't trust most of us."

Kakuzu, Kisame, and Itachi all nodded, the Uchiha speaking after "he tenses up slightly around us three, sometimes even Pein and Madara. He always has his guard up, not that I blame him. He doesn't want to get hurt again"

Tobi looked down at the spoken blonde, who was fast asleep. It broke the boy's heart to hear that stuff about Deidara, of course he knew something someone of them didn't, and that was Deidara's very unhealthy coping mechanism.

Which was self harm.

---------

A/N:I AM SOOOOOOO SORRY FOR THE WAIT OF THIS CHAPTER! LIKE I THOUGHT I WOULD GET THIS OUT A LOT SOONER! There might be a couple of things to explain it tho?? I had been coming down with a case of writers block for this chapter, and had no idea how to continue it so it was good. And I had been broken up with the day I planned on continuing the chapter so I wanted nothing to do with love. And I've been focusing so much on school, my cosplay, and my OC account on Instagram that everything has just been a huge mess and I was stressing myself out so much. Not that I'm trying to make any excuses (they're totally excuses). But I've finally published it and again, I'm so so so sorry for the wait on this 😅