0.8 | 실 현

R E A L I Z A T I O N

»»-------------¤-------------««

To realize my love for you is a process similar to that of watching a storm grow.

First a trickle, then a downpour.

Because up until now I thought this flutter in my heart was only a mere happening; a natural byproduct of our friendship.

Something that's ephemeral; something that'll fade.

A harmless crush, that's all.

That night, I realized I had been lying to myself.

After I'd changed into your clothes and you'd complimented me, we'd both blushed and looked away.

"I'll bring an extra mattress, and you can sleep on my bed," you said, your eyes still not quite daring to meet mine.

So we did.

And as I lay in your bed, aware of your presence so near to my own, I was itching - to close the gap between us and settle into your arms.

But instead I forced myself to sleep, and soon we both were lost to our own dreams.

And it should've been an ordinary night, just like so many others - after all, we were accustomed to crashing over at each other's places all the time.

But at 3am I found myself awoke by the clap of a thunderstorm, and as I shifted to pull the blanket tighter around me, I found that the bed no longer held only my body.

And that yours was entwined with mine. Sometime during the night, you had climbed up onto my bed and settled in close - so close, that your breath trails my neck in warm blazes.

And in that moment I swore I had never felt more alive.

Sheets tangled amongst our bodies, hair splayed on the pillows; we stayed this way for a minute or two.

My heart slammed into my ribcage, each thundering heartbeat an oath to you - it was singing your name.

But you were completely lost to sleep, your light snores comforting in the dark, and so I slowly let my body settle against yours, hesitant at first.

And I realized that I must've touched you a thousand times by now; hundreds and hundreds of careless hugs and playful shoves and meaningless skinship.

But now it was different - at least for me.

And so it was in that quiet moment in which your hands moved to encircle my waist and your leg gently slid in between mine amidst the sounds of a pouring storm outside that I just...knew.

Simple as that.

I knew that I am in love with you.

»»-------------¤-------------««

A/N: again, please tell me your thoughts, I'd appreciate any honest criticisms. thank you for reading, loves (oh, and guess who's in the next chapter!) ♡