Chapter Six

We got in the car and he started driving home. I'm really scared honestly. What if he says he'll spank me but beats me instead? What of he does turn out like dad?

"Charlie!" I looked at Ian and he was looking at me. "Huh?" I asked. "We're home," he said. "Oh," I mumbled and got out. I quickly grabbed my bag and ran inside. I went up to my room and closed the door. I fell onto the bed and hid my face in my pillow as I cried.

"Charlie?" I heard. I glanced at the door and saw Ian walking towards me. I closed my eyes and turned my head. I felt the bed dip next to me but I refused to look. "Charlie, please look at me," he said softly. Tears fell from my eyes but I looked at him. "What happened?" He asked. "I don't wanna talk about it," I mumbled looking away again. "Charlie, it wasn't a choice," he said. I covered my face with the pillow and inwardly screamed.

"Charlie," he warned. "Leave me the hell alone!" I flipped sitting up. As soon as the words came from my mouth I covered my mouth. "I didn't mean that I swear!" I panic as his eyes turned darker. "Stand up," he demanded. "Ian please!" I cried. "Now!" He said. I cried and slowly stood up. He grabbed the brush from my dresser and grabbed my arm.

"Ow! Ian, please!" I sobbed as he hit my butt repeatedly with the brush. "You don't EVER yell at me!" He said popping me again and again. "Or curse!" He growled as he continued to warm my bum. "Ian please!" I sobbed. "I'm sorry!" I sobbed. My knees gave out and I fell but since he was holding my arm I didn't actually fall. He stood me back up and hugged me as I sobbed into his chest. "Sh, it's okay baby, you're forgiven!" He said rubbing my back as I sobbed apologies.

After a few minutes my sobs died down and I was crying and sniffled every now and then. "Now, tell me why you freaked out at school," he said pulling away, sitting in my bed. "It was nothing!" I said trying to get my arm free. "Charlie, it wasn't, nothing. Now, tell me what happened!" He said sitting me in his lap. "It was just," I started but stopped keeping my gaze away from Ian. "You looked so much like him when you were mad," I said as tears began to fall again.

"Oh, I'm so sorry, Charlie! I didn't know!" He said. Forcing me to look at him. "How could you know? You've never seen him the way I did," I said having my gaze drop to my lap. He let go of my chin and hugged me. I wrapped my arms around his neck and hugged him. He rubbed my back as tears fell from my eyes. He was so scary both times. At school and here he looked so much like him.

We were like that for a good five minutes before I yawned. "Tired?" He asked. I nodded in his neck. He stood up lifting me in the process. He turned and laid me on my bed. "Take a nap," he say tucking me in. He started to leave but I sat up. "Charlie, go to sleep! I'll be here when you wake up!" He said laying me back down. I didn't want to go to sleep but my body won the fight causing my eyes to fall closed and me falling into a dreamless sleep.

I woke up and noticed Ian was there like he said he would be. I slowly rolled over and my eyes were heavy. "Go back to sleep bud, you're still tired. Russell will be here later tonight," he said. "I'm not tired," I lied. He gave me a stern look and raised his eyebrow. "Really?" He asked. I nodded. "Close your eyes and count to fifty," he said. I rubbed my eyes and shook my head no. "Come on, Charles, you need to take a longer nap," he said. I looked at him tiredly. He got up from my desk chair and crouched next to my bed and rubbed my cheek with his thumb. "Close your eyes and count to fifty, come on," he said. I obeyed and closed my eyes and started to count to fifty.

One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten, eleven, twelve, thirteen, I yawned. Thirteen, fourteen, fifteen, sixteen, seven-teen and I was out.

I was awaken a few hours later to someone rubbing my back and people talking. I slowly opened my eyes and saw Ian and Russell talking. They noticed me awake and smiled at me. "Hey, you okay?" Russell asked rubbing my back more. I nodded and and hid my face in my pillow, still tired.

"Come on, Charlie, we ordered pizza!" Ian said reaching his hands out for me to grab. I grabbed his hands and he pulled me up. He pulled me out of bed and I laid my head on his chest. "You can go back to sleep after you eat and get a shower," Ian chuckled. "I'm tired," I mumbled and he pat my back.

"Lets go downstairs," Ian said. I lifted my head and Russell wrapped his arm around me. "I missed you," he said hugging me. I hugged back. "I missed you too," I said. We pulled away and I noticed he had a black eye! "Russell?" I asked looking at it. "I'm fine, I'm okay," he reassured me. I nodded and didn't say anything more. I followed him and Ian downstairs and there was pizza on the counter.

Ian got plates out and handed one to me and Russell. Russell and Ian got some but I didn't. "Come on, Charlie, get food," Ian said. I put my plate down. "I'm not hungry," I mumbled. "It wasn't a choice you need to eat!" Ian said stern. "I'm not hungry Ian! Leave me alone!" I yelled running up the stairs to my room. "Charlie Evan! Get back here!" He yelled at me. I got to my room, slammed and locked the door, then hid in my closet. I know when he gets up here he'll be very pissed.

"Charlie!" I heard pounding on the door. "Open this door!" I heard Ian shout from the other side on the door. I started to feel sick so I bolted out of my closet and to my bathroom. "Charlie?" I heard. I looked over and saw Ian looking concerned. I cried and looked away, throwing up again. I felt hands on my back rubbing it. I jerked away and sobbed but threw up again. "It's okay, let It out," Ian said softly. I finished throwing up and was sobbing. "Come here," he said lifting me up. I sobbed thrashed trying to get out of him grip. "Charlie calm down!" He said shushing me and rubbing my back.

I finally settled down and he set me on the counter and grabbed my tooth brush. He got it wet and put toothpaste on it. "Open," he said. I obeyed and he brushed my teeth while I was fighting to keep my eyes opened. He finished and put my toothbrush away and he picked me up and I laid my head on his shoulder. He carried me to my bed and laid me down. As soon as my head hit the pillow I was out.