Luke || (Y/N)

L U K E

"Soy latte please." Her sweet voice spoke as she looked up at me.

I opened my mouth to say anything but nothing slept out. I hurried to finish her drink order in hope to get one word out. I hand it to her as she places the money in my hand. Her manicured nails brush against my palm. She smiles her perfect smile before walking out with her three best friends as she giggled.

She was the reason I loved my job. Mostly around 3pm everyday. I always made sure to take her order, seeing her smile was what made everything seem to fade. I never knew her name or anything about her all I knew was that with every sight I was falling in love.

I just wished I was the guy that would pick her up on the days it was raining. Or the guy she would call if she needed a shoulder to cry on. I just wanted to be somebody to her. But at this moment all I was is just a guy who gives her daily latte.

..

Days past she never showed up. The rain this morning lasted on. I knew I would have to walk home in it seeing as my ride left twenty minutes ago. I hated closing but it was worth it when I would see her that evening. I started wiping off the counter hoping for the rain to stop or calm down.

The sound of the door chiming grabbed my attention. "Sorry we're closed."

"I-I'm sorry I'll just leave."

That voice. I glanced up to see her brown hair dampened by the falling rain as her clothes clung to her.

"You can stay if you want. I'm just cleaning up before I leave." I mutter focusing back on the counter.

She doesn't say anything else as I hear her squeaky shoes agains the floor as she walks to the nearest table. I decided to make her the drink she usually got listing It as my free drink for the day. I slowly walked over to her as she had her face buried in her hands.

"Here." I mutter placing the cup in front of her.

She looked at me confused before grabbing the cup in her hands and bringing it to her lips. I give her a soft smile before cleaning up what I had left to do.

"Do you want to sit?" Her soft voice grabbed my attention as I looked over at her.

I decided to take her up on her offer as I placed the rag on my shoulder. I watched as she took delicate drinks. She wouldn't look anywhere but her fingers as her hand clenched tighter on the cup. The conversation started lightly as she asked me about this job. I made this job seeming more boring then it actually was. She giggled at my little jokes causing my smile to brighten.

Her hair was fallen on her face as she looked down. I decided to face the urge as I moved the brown strand away from her face as I tucked it behind her ear. A bruise on her face caught the light as she turned away from me.

"I-I, What happened?"

"I don't want to burden you with my horrible life." She mutter as she reached to grab her jacket.

"No burden. Please." I placed my hand over hers in away to show her she can talk to me.

She nodded before taking a swift drink of her latte. She begin to tell me about her abusive dad, along with the guy in the car; who was her boyfriend, seemed to get a little agitated and took it out on her. Her soft cries filled the small shop. I grabbed her hand in my squeezing it in reassurance.

After that day I learnt her name, and she did mine. She would come by on closing and talk to me. I've helped he with her ups and downs. The move I communicated with her the stronger I felt. The day she came in telling me about her acceptance to college I kissed her. I didn't regret it but I felt embarrassed. But that small kiss led to much more. I was happy, I was thankful for that rainy day. But my happiness left. It faded just as fast as it came.

"Daddy, why are you crying?" I look down at those brown eyes that just stare at me.

Every time I look upon her I think of her mother. She hasn't left my mind since I met her. I look into the small cafe, as everything comes back to me. I feel my daughter lightly tug my hand as she attempts to get my attention.

"Come on, we have to visit mommy."

I took one more glance in before following my daughters lead as she tugged my hand. She let's go of my hand as we enter the cemetery. I watch as her brown hair sways back and forth as she runs off to where her mommy is. I take my time, dreading the sight of the grave but more of remembering that awful night.

"Sometimes I hear daddy cry at night. I know he misses you mommy. I miss you, I just wish there was someway for him to have something with him that reminded of him of you. I want daddy happy. Daddy tells me your in a better place. I hope some day we will see you again. I love you mommy."

Her sweet voice cracked with those last words as she held onto my leg as she softly cried. I place the small bouquet of flowers by her headstone. I close my eyes hoping for anything to bring her back to me and erase the dreading memory from my mind.

"Where is she!" I yell rushing into the hospital.

"Sir you need to wait out here."

"No! I need to see my wife!" I yell rushing past the nurse as she demands for me to come back.

I rush to her room, doctors surround her bed as he heart monitor soon goes silent. The flowers I held in my hand soon fall to the floor as I fall on my knees as I can't help but cry.

The funeral was hell. The prick that hit her car he decided to show up. I tried my best to keep my anger bottled up but as the fucker began to cry I lost it. Coming to a funeral that wouldn't have happened if he kept his damn eyes on the road.

I couldn't even look at the casket as everyone looked at me with sympathy. I sat in the front room as I cradled my sobbing daughter closer to me. The preacher lightly spoke about her hobbies and life. The funeral was everything that she would have loved. I just wish we have went further then in our life's before enduring this.

Restless nights followed as her link body was plastered in my mind. I couldn't get the thought anywhere. I would call my mom begging for her to come over as I instructed I had something to do. I spent my days sitting in front of her grave as I sobbed. Begging for another chance, confessing everything hoping she was listening.

The last thing I would mutter with every last visit was something I wish I would have told her sooner in life so maybe I could of had a little more time.

"I love you."