CASTERS (Chapter 10: Unconscious Avoidance.)

Author's note: Starting from chapter 11 I'll be writing Casters in 3rd person POV, but it will still feel like 1st person POV. Doing this will allow me to be flexible with my characters and expand the universe quicker. I've made you guys wait long enough, enjoy. 7k words. SHOCKING ENDING.

Recap: Trapped! The remaining 17 candidates of the Caster examination found themselves falling right into the examiner's hands when they wondered into the Tick Tock Town. The entire town turned out to be one giant clock, and at the strike of 1900 hrs, it awoken. What will our candidates have to do to get pass this obstacle? Further more, The X Caster has been a nuisance to Seth and his friends. Why does he hate Seth so much? And who's behind his mask? Find out in this chapter of "CASTERS".

(POV). Ace.

"Colonel Reynard, sir." Two soldiers stood at the door of the dragonfly surveillance room.

"Sorry to be a bother, Colonel Gunter has urgently requested your presence in the courtyard," My eyes relaxed, annoyed but amused by that lazy bastard. "Tell him I'll be there shortly."

"Sir, he said that if you refuse to come right away that I should do this," He blew twice. My eyes widened knowing what it meant. A serious expression emerges.

"Take me to him," I said.

District 5 - The Courtyard

"What is it?" I walked toward Gunter from behind. He stood to his feet, having two other soldiers at his side. He moved to the side while turning around to me and gesturing his hand to the individual on the floor.

"One of my guys saw him falling from the clouds. Take a look." My eyes widened in disbelief when I properly saw the individual.

"Is that... a Skydarian?" I stared at the man lying on the floor, his gray wings were broken and smeared with blood.

"That's not all. Look at his uniform." Gunter adjusted to show me the crest. "He's a Caster of the Icarus Custodians."

"Seriously?" My eyes widened. "If he's supposed to be guarding Icarus, then what's he doing on the ground?"

1901 Hrs - Within TICK TOCK TOWN

(POV). Alex.

"You're Alex, right?" A girl gripped my hand. "What's really going on?"

After a short pause, "We're all trapped in here because the town itself, is the obstacle before district 5. And all of us foolishly walked into it," I said.

"What?" People began whispering to themselves. Our projector watches began to ring off again. I looked onto mine and now I know for certain that I am right.

"New information and rules," Natalia read. "True, the Tick Tock Town acted as a safe zone, but that safe zone only lasted until 1900 hrs as explained in the rules prior. You 17 candidates have all fallen into a trap. This part of the examination is quite dangerous. If you decide to continue, you'll be consenting to any accidental casualties."

"If they had to add that, then we're in some deep shit," Vargo commented.

"There are two ways of passing this obstacle. Number 1. The exit is sealed for those with cards in their watches. Circling the clock tower at the center of town are 12 water fountains. Dip your prowatch in the fountain and your card will become the same nature as the barrier, allowing you to pass through it. Note: The cards change back after 1 minute. If this happens, you can retry. Number 2. Destroy the clock tower at the center of the town and the barrier will completely disappear. If the task before you becomes too difficult and you wish to escape this town, simply remove your cards and you'll be granted the right to pass through the barrier that circles it. If you decide to leave this way, you forfeit the examination since two cards are needed to enter district 5. Make it to district 5 before midnight or you fail. This is your final obstacle. Best of luck."