Safe now

Lindir mounted his horse, preparing to ride off into the High Moors to look for some rare plants. He had woken up early one morning, gathered his satchel, a bow and some arrows, and a map.

Lord Elrond had requested that someone go and retrieve these plants, but when no one volunteered to go, Lindir spoke up.

It had been a long time since Lindir had been outside the valley, and it was a pleasant experience going out. He turned the horse to the south, and dismounted once he saw one of the plants he was needing.

Before he could reach it, he felt a stinging sensation in his leg. The Ellon turns to see a giant scorpion like creature a few feet away, ready to strike again. Lindir crawled back to his horse to retrieve his bow, but the creature was faster.

The elf winced, feeling a darkness come over him when he saw a figure stand in front of him. The hooded figure swung his spear at the scorpion and killed it.

Lindir's eyes were getting heavier as the figured turned around and knelt down next to him. He was surprised to see an Elleth. "Who are you?" he managed to croak out, blinking his eyes trying to stay awake.

The Elleth looked around. "You're safe now. That's all that matters, but we won't be much longer if we don't get moving." she said as she grabbed his horses reins.

Before Lindir could respond, the pain overtook him, and he blacked out as he was lifted up onto the horse.

A/n: SUSPENSE!