Chapter 24

Normani Kordei Hamilton

"Your maybe little brother is on the way baby boy, come on." I picked Kordei up out of the bed and he laid his head down on my shoulder, whining a little bit.

It was three in the morning and Beyonce was downstairs, getting the baby bag and preparing more stuff for the baby. It was another little boy and as soon as he's born, we both wanted a paternity test and a DNA test 'cause well that's self explanatory.

I walked downstairs and Beyonce was sitting down on the couch, texting on her phone. I knew she was texting either Sydney or her boyfriend about the baby. She was stressed out and she had been ever since she found out that the baby was coming.

"Baby."

"Yeah?"

"You alright?"

"No. Not at all but I'll be fine, let's go."

"No, tell me what's wrong."

She sighed and I sat down next to her. She took Kordei from me and he laid his head on her shoulder, turning his face towards her neck.

"I heard his heartbeat babe and I don't hate him. His ultrasound pictures were beautiful and I want him. It has nothing to do with Sydney 'cause I don't even deal with that bitch but my son? I wanna be able to call him my son so bad baby and I don't want you to resent me for that."

"I don't, I get it. In these nine months, you've bonded with him just as much as you bonded with Kordei when I was pregnant with him. You want him to be yours and I'm not mad at that, he's a baby."

"You gonna support me if he is mine?"

"Yeah, just never put me in the same room as Sydney." I nodded.

She nodded as well and stood up off of the couch, taking my hand. She lead me out the door and opened the door for me to the car. When she got baby boy in, she hopped in the driver's seat and kissed my temple.

When we got to the hospital and where Sydney's room was, there were a bunch of celebrities and as soon as I saw everybody, I rolled my eyes. I knee Sydney called them. How she had connections like this? I don't even know.

Beyoncé Giselle Knowles

I fought my way through the crowd of people, holding Normani's hand.

"Sydney, what's up with this?" I closed the door on them while Normani and Kordei sat down.

"It's a joyous occasion."

"What if it's not my baby Syd? Then what? You have no relevance if that baby isn't mine." I was growing angry and I didn't care that she was pregnant, I wanted to strangle her. I was relapsing, I could feel that and I knew it was because of her.

"I told you, I already know the baby is yours."

I saw Normani roll her eyes and honestly, I could just do the same thing.

Unless her and her boyfriend hadn't been having sex, there was no way that she was 100% sure that he was mine.

"How far along the spectrum are you?" I asked.

I sat down in the chair next to her and she closed her eyes tightly. I don't even think it was contractions, I just think she's thinking.

"When the doctor came in, he told me seven centimeters."

"Mhm okay." I mumbled.

Hours had gone by and nothing had happened. Sydney was still at seven centimeters and Kordei was acting like a baby because he was hungry. Julius went to get him and Mani something to eat but he was impatient.