“I need your help in the kitchen,” Shane muttered and dragged me out of the living room, almost literally. It was getting hard to follow his pace. As soon as we entered the kitchen, he pushed me inside roughly. His hazel eyes were blazing with anger. His jaw tensed. I’d never seen Shane angry before, it kind of scared me. 

“Hey!” I whined rubbing my arm “What’s your problem?”

“You. You are my problem,” he said stalking towards me. I backed away until my back met the fridge.

“What are you talking about?” I frowned confused. Shane passed his hand over my shoulder and pressed it against the fridge.

“Who the hell is that freak?” I knew he referred to Evan.

“His name is Evan and he’s not a freak.” I stated offended. Shane laughed bitterly.

“That’s the guy from wattpad, isn’t he?”

“How do you know-“

“You’re truly reckless, Jones. You let a stranger visit you while you’re alone in your house.”

“He’s not a stranger. He’s my friend.” I didn’t like the tone Shane was using.

“He is a stranger,” he repeated slowly “are you out of your mind?” Shane definitely knew how to push my buttons “He’s the reason you were crying the other day, isn’t he?” I kept my mouth shut but my silence said everything “Wow,” Shane shook his head taking a step backwards “you like him.” It was not a question.

“Why are you getting so upset about this?” I asked him folding my arms across my chest. My eyes widened in realization “Are you jealous?” Shane laughed.

“Why would I be jealous?” he asked amused. He walked towards me once again cornering against the fridge.

“I don’t know. You’re acting like a jealous boyfriend right now,” I placed my hands on his chest trying to push him away but he only grabbed my wrists holding them in the air. His eyes looked right into mine.

“I’m not jealous.” He said leaning forwards “If I wanted you, I would’ve had you a long time ago.”

“Yeah right,” I rolled my eyes. 

“It would be so easy to seduce you,” his gaze dropped to my lips “to please that virgin body of yours.”

“How do you know I’m a virgin?” I swallowed.

“It’s written all over your face.” He smirked at me.

“They’re waiting for us. Let me go.”

“I make you nervous,” he said satisfied “That’s a start.” He let me go. I stared at him confused for a moment before running off the kitchen with one of the bags.

When I got back to the living room, Laura was sitting on the floor staring at some movies covers displayed in front of her. Jordan was telling her which one to pick. Evan was in the same position I’d left him. I couldn’t believe he was actually there. I sat next to him, he smiled at me.

“Welcome back,” his smile grew bigger, the cute dimples formed on his cheeks. My heat skipped a beat.

“Miss me?” I teased returning the smile. His dark eyes locked with mine as he replied,

“Always,” the sincerity in his sexy voice made the dragons inside my stomach flutter. My eyes landed on his lips, they looked so full and wet. I bet my Ruffles he was a good kisser. Sadness filled me when I realized I would never find out if he was a good kisser or not. He wanted to be my friend and last time I checked friends don’t kiss each other. I looked away from him, it was enough temptation to have him so close to me.