Chapter 7

Dravon snapped his fingers again and the seven red candles instantly got lit

"We need to link our blood for the ritual, Quinn," his blue eyes assessed her. "It's the only way to unite forces to fight the upcoming evil."

"We need to save Blue Haven_our hometown where it all started.  If the prophecy is denied and another ruler takes the place of Dravon, humanity will be at stake," Jason added.

"And we, the chosen ones, die as Dravon is our sire...our only ruler. If ever he loses his power, we...,"Jade never got to finish when Quinn interrupted.

"Nobody will lose their life...not when I choose to help." She studied Dravon intently for a moment. Losing him was out of option. He may be arrogant, dominant and commanding but he was after all Dravon Blackwell, the breathtaking prince of the Shadow World. And she will save him even if she has to risk her life in doing so.

A crystal knife appeared in his hand which he used to make a small cut on his wrist. He then let seven drops of his rich blood drop inside the circle. His wound disappeared right after. He passed the knife to Jade standing next to him who did the exact same thing. Ash mimicked pain for a more dramatic effect while cutting his palm.

Jason, Lisa and Shade glared at him with mere impatience but Ash avoided their gaze, clearly enjoying being the attention seeker he was. Jason shook his head in dismay at his performance and snatched the crystal blade away from him. They did not waste time in dropping their blood and now it was her turn.

She looked at Dravon for approval and he nodded. The blade was razor-sharp and dark red from other's blood. With a swift movement, it cut through her palm. She felt her warm blood flowing and like others, she dropped seven blood drops near her feet. Just when the last drop touched the damp soil, even her wound mysteriously got healed.

What happened afterwards truly amazed her most.

From where their blood were spilled, seven red liquid lines fused together right in the center of the circle creating a breathtaking Celtic bonding sign. Their blood became one illuminated by the pale blue moonlight. The dark red color slowly turned to a sticky black liquid sealing their blood forever.

Quinn felt special now that the ritual was complete. She belonged with them now. And that felt good and comforting. They vowed to protect her till death and she would do the same for them.

Then, the faded tattoos on their bodies darkened on their flawless skin. Dravon's black color mark deepened against the contrast of his pale skin. The twins were thrilled with their identical tattoos. For the first time, Quinn saw Jason smile wholeheartedly, stepping out of his usual serious attitude. Jade's revealing cleavage seemed to attract more attention now with its unique black rose infinity one. Even Shade admired his black mark on his body.

Lisa had donned off her baggy yellow sweater for a white sleeveless crop top she wore underneath. Her eyes remained fixed on Jason who was engrossed in an argument with his brother. Quinn wondered if Jason realized how much Lisa liked him to take enough trouble, stepping out of her shell to show her skin.