Chapter 26:

Bella's POV:

I hum along to the mellow music flowing from the radio as an idea pops into my head.

"Hey, do you think we can go buy some ice cream?!" I inquire loudly.

"Yeah babe, whatever you want," Zayn confirms while laughing.

I mentally do a fist pump and instruct him on how to get to the nearest grocery store. When he parks I practically jump out the car, then grab his hand, dragging him behind me. I'm really glad he called today just cos' I've missed him so much! It's hard to describe the feeling I get when looking at him. Seeing him happy and smile just makes my day complete.

"Ohh my god, they have Ben and Jerry's ice cream! Now it's gonna take forever to decide," I gasp in awe.

"Let's just get the ones that we haven't tried," he suggests.

Nodding my head, I scan the entire selection and decide on Chunky Monkey while Zayn gets the Banana Split. Afterwards, Zayn explains to me how it's absolutely necessary to get chocolate chip cookies as well. I laugh at his serious tone as he talks and I find myself staring at his lips while he speaks.

"What are you staring at?" he asks smirking.

"Nothing," I scoff, rolling my eyes and sticking my tongue out at him.

"If you say so. Alright babe let's go pay for this, I don't want to run in to any paps right now."

"Oh crap, I forgot about that!"

We rush to the registers and just as he finishes paying we hear multiple gasps.

I turn my head towards the direction of the noise and see a group of girls, and a lady, whom I'm assuming must be one of their moms. I've never seen someone be so shocked and all at once they crowd around Zayn and begin asking him for his autograph and photos. One of the girls realizes I'm with him and smiles widely.

"You must be his girlfriend, you're so pretty! Can I get a photo with both of you?"

"Of course you can," Zayn smirks as he grabs us both by the waist, and I swear the girls eyes almost pop out.

About twenty minutes later the girls have left and I'm utterly surprised by how much they all seem to care about him.

"Well they were really sweet," I comment happily.

Smiling down at me, he agrees while interlacing his fingers with mine and once again I'm surprised as I see dozens of photographers outside.

"Shit!" I hear Zayn mutter, and my legs feel like jelly. I know they could care less about me, but they just look so intimidating. He quickly pulls out his phone and calls one of his security guards to come and help.

"Okay, they'll be here in about ten minutes. Are you alright?"

I nod my head and respond, "Of course Zayn. They want pictures of you, not me. Are you okay?"

"You'd be surprised Bella, they can be really mean. Once they see you, our relationship won't be a secret anymore. They'll follow us everywhere, and I want to keep you safe."

I can see the mixed emotions in his eyes and all I want to do is comfort him. Grabbing his face with both of my hands I gently pull him closer and look into his eyes.

"Zayn, I don't care about keeping our relationship a secret. This would have happened eventually, but it just came sooner than expected. As long as we're together, I'll be fine. Okay?"

"Okay," he breathes, but I can still see the worry in his eyes.

He sighs in relief when a man rushes through the door and immediately comes to him.