06

06||Dynasty: The Building
"Faceless People. "

Kim Eun-Ji

There's a story behind every person. There's a reason why they're the way they are. Think about that before you judge someone.

That's what they say...only, in my case I should think about what she knows and why she's always locked inside. I guess I'll never know. I never knew her. I was just a replacement. I didn't even know what kind of a daughter she is. I thought replacing her was going to be easy since nobody knew she existed, but no, that's not the right sentence, it should be: Nobodies doesn't know she exists, Somebody knew she exists. Of all the people in this place, why her? Why the Queen? She could easily cut my head off the moment she finds out her precious Ji-Eun is dead and now replaced.
I hope I get out of this alive.

||Time Skip||

I sighed, I finished preparing the food for the patient and got ready to open the door, expecting to see the untouched food beside him. I cooked my best but he wouldn't eat. I put the newly cooked food beside him and took the cold one.

I swear, he shouldn't do this, it's not every day we have supplies, we are not rich and here he is, wasting food.
Maybe I am wrong for judging but he should atleast eat even in a depressed state. I, myself eat even when I was depressed back then.

" Yah, You should eat, don't starve yourself to death. If you are sad, you can talk to me. It's not healthy for you to be isolated and starved. " I said and walked out.

" You were right..." he mumbled. I stopped. " She is imperious... " he whispered and laughed a breath.

His words bothered me. I don't know who he's talking to so I left him, pretending I didn't hear anything.

I looked ahead to watch the people go about their own businesses. It feels so strange seeing people wearing hanboks and speak oddly. But to them, I know I'm the odd one.

" I'm going for a walk. " I said.

Ahn Ji just looked at me and nodded. He doesn't seem okay but he wouldn't speak, I can't just interfere since I'm still a stranger. I shrugged it off and went to the forest.

||Time Skip||

The forest was mysterious and wonderful, only it was silent. Then a thought came to my mind.

" Wae? Eojaesseo? " I asked. I inhaled and looked ahead. " What have I done?! " a small whimper followed my question.

I didn't do anything. I didn't ask for this. I'm not just in the past. I'm stuck here.

I couldn't help the tears that flowed from my eyes and the lump in my throat. I covered my mouth with both my hands as I cry and lean on a tree trunk.

I was fine with my mother being ignorant, I was fine with the death of my father, I was fine in the shadows. But somehow, I'm thrown here.

Eojaesseo?

" Why is a beautiful lady like you crying here alone? "

I stopped crying and swallowed a lump in my throat when I heard that familiar voice. I wiped my face with the sleeve of my hanbok and sniffed. I turned to my left only to bump into Soo Ho's chest. I backed away.

" What are you doing here? "

Soo Ho looked down at me. " I followed you. I want to get to know you. "

" Aishh..." I turned the other way but I tripped on a root.

" Woah! " Soo Ho exclaimed as I gasp and fell into his arms.

I'm not so lucky today. I felt my ankle break, the moment I tripped. There is no doubt I'll have a hard time walking home. Soo Ho helped me stand as I look down at my ankle.

I'm not going to look up at him, it would be stupid to, he's too close.
I tried walking but when I took a step, I felt a stinging pain on my ankle causing me to let out a cry.

" Ah! Aish! "

" You broke your ankle..." he said, looking down.

I bit my lower lip and looked up at him. He looked me in the eye the moment I turned to him and I felt a bit awkward, who wouldn't be?
Aish! There is so many things to worry about. " I'm so clumsy, don't you think? " I asked, sarcasm and annoyance lacing my voice.

" You needn't break your ankle just to have me to hold you, beautiful. " he put on a charming smile.

" Yah! " I wanted to say something mean to him but instead I just slapped his shoulder.

Suddenly, he did something unexpected. At first I didn't know why he bowed down a little until he scooped me up. " What are you...? " I quickly held on to him, scared to fall since I've never been carried this way before by a man. I don't want to have more injury.

" I'll get you to the doctor. "

" Put me down, I can walk, Soo Ho-ssi."

" I'm not letting you go again. " he started walking. " It's strange, you know me but I don't know you. Can I have your name? "

" Why? Don't you already have one? " I teased him.

He stopped walking and looked at me with a surprised look then smiled, walking again. " I see, It is just a name, why won't you tell me your name? "

" You're right, It is just a name, why are you so desperate to know it? "

He grinned. " You really are quirky. "

||Time Skip||

Soo Ho carried Eun-Ji all the way to the house of the doctor, unaware of her residence there.

Along the way many jealous ladies looked at Eun-Ji in Soo Ho's arms as he held her with pride and care. Men just looked and turned their heads the other way and go about their lives except for a noble who looked at the two for a mere three seconds cause of a feeling he felt tugging at his heart. He didn't know why but he felt drawn to her.

He scoffed.

The Faceless King having an interest in a woman he had never met nor seen, a faceless woman.

The world must be toying with him.