belle: an unexpected suprise

'hey!' I see Jake waiting by my locker. He gives me a kiss on the cheek. 'I wanna apologize again for yesterday. It didn't go as planned'

He shrugs. 'don't be sorry. I had to go anyway. We can always do something tonight or this weekend. There's plenty of time'

I smile at his words. I know he's right, but we lost so many years already! And after what happened at the streets yesterday, I'm not sure if I will have time in the future. Running the Streets is pretty much a full time bussines.

'See you after class!' And with that I leave him.

'Hey, what's wrong?' Sophia asks when she sees my face. 'Beast wants me to take over The Streets' I sigh. It sounds so ridiculous when I say it out loud.

'What? Your enemy wants you to take over your fathers illegal business?' She looks really confused. Ofcourse, I didn't tell her about my conversation with Beast yet.

'Beast and I made up last night. Turns out he doesn't hate me and I only hated him because I thought he hated me'

Sophia nodds. 'Ofcourse he doesn't hate you. I could have told you that. I knew my ship would come true!'

'We didn't make out. We made up. That's something completely different okay? Stop shipping me with everyone' I exclaim.

'I don't see the problem. If you're friends with Beast and you're taking over the business, what could possibly be wrong?'

'Jake. I won't have time for him and I'll loose him again.'

Now it's Sophia's turn to sigh. 'You've only been friends for a couple of days! How hard can it be?'

I frown. She's right. It shouldn't be hard. A few days ago, he was my bully and now I acted like we've been friends for years.

'It just feels natural with him' I try to explain myself to her, but I know she's right. Everything goes so fast... it's like all those years that have passed never happened.

'You know I'm right' she says before she leaves for class.

***

'Leave me alone!' I hear a voice yell when I'm standing by my locker. It's lunchbreak and I was just dropping all my books when I hear my best friends voice.

'I don't know what I did wrong this time!' Another voice yells back. Jake is walking towards me with a smirk so that must mean the other voice belongs to Luke.

'What did he do now?' I sigh. This doesn't suprise me anymore. The closer Jake and I get, the more they fight.

'He actually apologized this time' Jake says while laughing. 'But she doesn't really like that'

'Ofcourse not. She won't have a reason to hate him anymore if he apologizes. Duh'

'Please Sophia. Stop running and listen to me please' Luke yells again. Oh god. The voices are coming closer and fast. They must be running.

Sophia stops right in front of me and turns around to face Luke. I'm just about to step between them when their fight takes a suprising turn.

'What the hell do y-' Sophia can't finish her question because all of a sudden, Luke grabs her face and smashes his lips on hers.

I'll admit. I did not see that one coming

 I did not see that one coming