Chapter Three

Chapter Three

Ariel

"How?"

"How what?"

That silky smooth voice invaded her senses. It was a dangerous thing. It made her feel things that she shouldn't.

"How did you fall? What happened?"

His shoulders visibly tightened. His whole body tensed.

"I could ask you the same thing angel."

The memory of what had placed her in this situation started to flash through her brain but she immediately shut it out. She didn't want to relive the pain of it all.

He turned around then and seemed to understand. She raised her gaze to his.

"I don't know if I can talk about it."

She held his gaze as he moved to sit before her on the bed. She was powerless to look away. Something about this angel drew her in and even if she had wanted to, she didn't think she could escape.

He stared into her eyes as if searching for something hidden. What he uncovered, she couldn't know.

"You can trust me little angel."

She wasn't expecting her reaction to that. Her heart skipped a beat and she broke eye contact in an attempt to hide the fact that he had effected her so.

"Hey, you can talk to me."

He reached out and gently grasped her chin, turning her face back to his. His touch sent a jolt through her. Some sort of electrical pulse.

"What was that?" She wondered. She had never before had a reaction like that to someone's touch. How odd.

She couldn't bring herself to look into his eyes. Instead, she focused on the lower half of his face. She had to give God an A+ for this specific project of His. Fine lips. A strong well-defined jaw. Even the scar on his left cheek added to the perfection. It made him appear even more dangerous.

"Hey hey did you hear me?"

Shaking herself out of her awestruck stupor, she brought her eyes to his. Oh. Apparently, he had been talking to her while she was busy admiring God's handiwork. What could she say? She had always been fascinated with the arts.

Seeming to realize what had happened, he sighed like he was a parent upset at a child who wasn't paying attention and therefore didn't hear his instructions.

"As I was saying, I need to know. I need to know so I can keep you safe."

"And how will knowing how I came to be here help you keep me safe?" She really wasn't too keen on spilling her life story to this stranger. If he had at least taken her out to dinner first, then it might have been a different story.

"Consider this for a moment, what would happen if whoever did this to you, decided that it wasn't punishment enough to be kicked out of heaven. It wasn't enough and they decide they must find you and finish you off. What happens then?"

"They will eventually find me."

"Very good. And so you have two possible outcomes. One, you refuse to tell me and we are both unprepared for an attack. I fail to keep you safe because I couldn't properly prepare and you, well, you die. Or the second, you tell me who did this, what happened, and who might have an agenda against you. I am prepared, I know who I am going up against, I know what to do to prevent the unknown threat find you, and you live to see another day. Now, you choose. Which one sounds more appealing to you?"

Sighing, she dropped her head in defeat. She knew what she needed to do.

"Fine, I will tell you. But please understand, this will be hard for me to do."

His hand had dropped from her chin during his rant and her now grabbed her hand in his. Squeezing it reassuredly, he nodded his head.

"Take your time. I know it will be painful but know that you don't have to bear that pain alone. If you wish, I can make it less painful for you."

"You can? How?"

"Let's just say I have certain talents. I can go into your memories and watch it there. There's no need for you to relive it by telling me what happened."

She hesitated. She would be vulnerable to him, could she do it? Did she trust him enough to allow him that access to her? In the time that she had been in his care, he had nothing to hint that he had ill intentions toward her. In fact, for some odd reason when she was with him she felt nothing but safe.

"Can't you put a shirt on first?"

He chuckled at that. It was a dark yet humorous sound.

With a devilish smirk on his face, he leaned in from where he sat on the bed in front of her.

"Does all of this make you uncomfortable?"

He was teasing her.

Blushing, she looked away. She just couldn't look into his eyes. She wouldn't admit it out loud but yes, his chest was distracting. It was beautiful but not perfect. But the imperfections were what made the view even deadlier. It was firm and was nearly covered with scars. Scars that spoke of battles, battles won and battles lost. But overall they told a story of a fighter, a survivor.

"Not at all. I just thought that you might be cold," she wouldn't let him know the truth. "Thought that you might be mor comfortable with a shirt on."

With another laugh, he stood up.

"I will do as you suggest. I wouldn't want you to worry about my health."

He grabbed a shirt from his dresser, slipped it on and moved to sit in his former position.

"Are you happy now."

Not quite. She was sad to see that view be covered, but it was for the best.

"Yes much better. I feel so much better knowing you won't catch a cold. You can move forward with the process now."

With a small nod, he began. His hands came up to rest on her head. His eyes closed and just as he seemed to start to sink into a memory, all went dark for her. And suddenly she was back in that memory, reliving that horrible day. She was powerless to escape it.

AN~

I know I said that we were going to learn more about Raziel in this chapter. Welp... I lied. I guess he's just gonna have to rock that mysterious feel for a little longer. Poor Raziel. I know it's short I know. I wanted to get something out for you guys to read. And I have to be up for work in 2 hours. Yay lol. I'm gonna try and get a little sleep. I'll work on the next chapter tomorrow. I hope to have it up then too.

VOTE

Let me know what you think. COMMENT

I hope you lovelies have an amazing day, or night, or whatever it is for you wherever you are.

love you guys,

Alayna