TAKEN

Prince Wang Jian was so sorry, he spent a great deal of time making amends, giving her flowers, all his love, affection, and attention, finally breaking through her walls. He was so damn sweet and romantic that Prince Jungjae thought he was going throw up in front of them.

"I'm hoping you're at least getting laid, brother, or all that groveling would be a waste." He said sipping of his chalice of wine, smirking as he watch Ying Yue and Wang Jian ruin his appetite.

"Shut up, Jungjae before I punch you in the face." Wang Jian growled.

"Perhaps, I would rather take a punch in the face than endure more days watching you two like this. I know I have many wives and this shouldn't bother me like it does. But this is still torture." 

****

Ying Yue awoke in the middle of the night to the sound of low hissing, she opened and closed her eyes pulling the sheets over her chest despite realizing Wang Jian was not beside her.

A low snarl sounded behind the walls and her eyes snapped open. "Get out of here!" She heard Wang Jian's voice warned.

There was a growl, a deep guttural growl that send ripples of shivers down her spine.

"Get the fuck out of here!" He said one more time.

She listened for a response but was interrupted by the chill wind breezing over her sheets. The window was wide open, wide enough where someone could easily enter. She kicked the covers and yanked herself out of the bed, running to the door only to run into Wang Jian and Banye at the dark hallway circling each other.

Banye looked different. He doesn't look demonic like he did when he first appeared. He looked human, his dark raven hair shone like oil even in the darkness. His eyebrows were heavy, and they fell perfectly framing his elegant eyes. His eyes were black, deep abysmal black. So, intoxicating that she couldn't stare at them longer than a second before getting overwhelmed. He's far more beautiful than his cloaked appearance.

Banye smiled. It was a kind of savoring smile admiring a prize. "Hello Fei Hung, little human. It's been a long time."

Her mouth dried, she can very well remember her bargain with him two years back. Give me the power, make me strong so I can get my revenge. The words echoed in the back of her mind, remembering that night. "Banye."

"I'm glad you remembered me." He purred.

His hand lifted, a delighted simper drawn up in his face enjoying the coat of shock in Wang Jian's  expression.

Ying Yue kept her arms tight to her side, she wasn't offering it to anyone, especially not to a demon. Wang Jian quickly grabbed her protectively, pulling her close with one arm and drawing up his blade with the other. "Get lost, demon!"

"I'm afraid that cannot do." Banye moaned with a smile. "She's mine to take."

Wang Jian snapped into a scuffle, he lunged his blade toward Banye, but Banye's body stirred like a shadow and Wang Jian's blade was no use for a man that doesn't have a solid body. Banye did this without even looking at Wang Jian, his eyes were fixed on his prize - hungry.

"Oh, how I waited for this! A decade of longing for revenge. I'm going to make this good, I'm going to make you suffer." His long finger brushed her cheek dragging it slowly. A line of smoke trailed where his fingers had been. A wound opening and healing it close soon after.

He looked at Wang Jian with murderous delight. "I'm going to have fun with her, and I'll make sure I send you the product just like what happened to me."

Both Ying Yue and Wang Jian's hearts stopped, and before she could clamp her hands tight to her husband, Banye's hand landed on her shoulder gathering her. He withdrew back, blending into the darkness, and they were gone quickly as the passing breeze.

A hollow scream reaped through the entire palace. Wang Jian rushed out to the courtyard, and to the stable to grab the fastest horse in the middle of the night.

Prince Jungjae was stirred awake following his brother out, chasing after Jian who's already mounted and in a rush. He saw a wild feral glaze coated in his brother's eyes. Jungjae could only predict what already happened. "What do you want me to do, brother?"

"Send Lord Chua after me. I'll need his help for this!" Was all he said, before kicking his heels on the horse's belly sending it galloping in the darkness.