NINE

· 。゚☆: *.
˚ ₊ ♡ ❰  𝚃𝙷𝚁𝙸𝙻𝙻𝙴𝚁  ❱ ˖⋆࿐໋ ⋆ ✰
CHAPTER NINE ━━
darkness lives here

☽ ˚ ₊ ♡ ❰  𝚃𝙷𝚁𝙸𝙻𝙻𝙴𝚁  ❱ ˖⋆࿐໋ ⋆ ✰CHAPTER NINE ━━ darkness lives here

═════ ∘◦ 👻🔦🧸.༄ ◦∘ ═════

SILENCE, COMPLETE UTTER SILENCE FOLLOWED AFTER and in those moments seconds seemed to last forever, unbearable hours slowly ticking by. No one dared to move and it looked like everyone is holding their breaths, waiting for something to happen. Even the woods fall silent at that exact moment in time. Trees stop swaying in the wind, the rustling of leaves ceased and the birds chirping pause at the notable tension growing at the front of the Byers' resident.

Then Jim, with shaking hands and wide eyes took a step forward as everyone focused on the two to see what would happen.

Zero pressed his body further against the tree like he hopes to disappear, the rough bark piercing through his clothes and against his skin. There is no ounce of recognisation in his eyes as Hopper took another step closer, like the man is afraid he might run the boy off like a scared animal.

There is only pure terror in Zero's eyes and the blonde feels like he's caged in with no where to run. His body is quaking in fear for the man and it is another voice that breaks through the thick tension looming over the group.

"Mom?" It is Will Byers looking through the door that snapped everyone out of their daze for a moment as Zero seemed to cower away from everyone.

And Jim doesn't know what to do. He is absolute, completely one hundred percent sure that blonde in front of him is his son, his little rascal. The boy he lost so many years ago sitting in front of him.

Milo is so close but yet so far all at the same time and Jim doesn't know how to handle it when every viber in his body is shouting at him to wrap his son in the biggest of hugs. But something in the back of his minds makes him unable to move.

"What's going on?" Will's voice cracks slightly as the boy wraps his blanket tighter around his thin figure. "Why is everyone shouting?" The young boy is walking outside but he froze the moment his eyes land on the familair brown ones of Zero.

Again there is a pause where everyone holds their breath in anticipation. "Y-you're alive." The words barely leave his mouth before the boy is barreling himself towards Zero.

Instead of cowering away like everyone expected, Zero welcomes Will's embrace with open arms, wrapping his thin and pale arms around the younger boy. "You're back." Only Zero can make out the hushed words and the blonde only holds the boy tighter. "I'm back."

It is also then that Zero reminded himself why he is here and with trembling fingers, the blonde pushed Will a bit away from him to take a closer look at the boy. "Danger." He whispered only barely audible for everyone to hear. "You are in danger." He managed to get out in shaky breathes.