Part 13

-Your Pov-

Running home, you start to find everything you need to start going on missions as a huntsman. You sheathe your sword, and then shrug it over your shoulder. Opening a small backpack, you start to place some things in it. Spare clothes that Summer has bought for you, and one small med-kit. Zipping it up, you place it on your back and then head to the door downstairs. Summer stands there, looking at you confused, and then sees your bags. Her eyes widen when she realizes what your plan is, and why, surely knowing that Tai and Raven figured out they were going to be having a little girl.

" (y/n)," says Summer softly. She slowly takes a step over to you, and places a hand on your shoulder, and gives a squeeze. " I am so sorry. I heard from Raven that you had found out her and Tai were having a girl. She called me, and wanted me to make sure you were okay."

Rolling your eyes, you glance around the room, and feel yourself getting dizzy for whatever reason. Eventually, you look back at your sister. " I'm fine Summer. I was just going to go and take a mission. I don't know what I'll do, or how long I'll be."

" (y/n), don't. You just got back from years of being gone, and we are all so happy to have you back in our life. We missed you, and waited for years for you to come home. You can't just take off again. You can't just run away everytime you get hurt."

" This is hardly running away," you argue. " I'm a huntsman. This kind of thing is my job. I hunt things, and kill Grimm. Defend the people who can't stand up for themselves. You did hear the speech Professor Wilhelm told us right?"

" You used that excuse last time, when Qrow found you in the middle of a bar, hitting on some blonde," says Summer, which makes you curse mentally. " But, you are running away (y/n). You're hurt because the two of them are going to have a child, and you are ready to run away. Why do you keep doing this?"

" Because I'm not like you and the rest of them," you say, which makes her let go of your shoulder in shock. " This is my coping method Summer. Oum help me if I haven't tried. When I went through the world, I tried therapy all the time. So, here's a little tip. I don't have a childhood trauma. I just was in love with a girl, and managed to fuck it up. On top of that, here's the thing. I hit things okay? All I was ever good at. Sometimes they fall over, and then sometimes, they don't. But, that's all I know how to do. It makes me feel better for a few moments at a time, and that's what works for me."

She wipes tears from your silver-eyes, and then your sister pulls you into a big hug. A lump forms in your throat, and she starts to rub your back. " I'm so sorry (y/n)," she says. The two of you hold onto each other for a little bit longer, and then she lets go after a little bit. " Are you going to come back on time for her wedding?"

Wiping your eyes, you shrug. " I dunno. I know if I don't that it will hurt her, and trust me that isn't something I would ever wanna do. But, at the same time I'm hurting. If I do go, I want it to be when I can look her in the eyes, and give a big smile. I don't wanna go and then have to avert my eyes."

Summer nods at this, and then opens the door for you, and then smiles sadly at you. " Well, whenever you are ready to come back, you will always be welcomed back here. You know that right (y/n)," she asks, and then looks at you concerned. You nod, and then she pulls you into a big hug. When she lets go, you take a step out the door, and then take a big breath of fresh air. You don't know where it is you're going, but you sure are getting there.

Eventually, you make your way down to the port, and then look at the tickets and potential destinations. Pulling out your scroll, you look at some of the missions on the board, and then scroll through them. Eventually, you find one that seems like it'll take a lot of time, and give you a lot of time to think.

When your scroll is out, you go through the texts from your team, asking if you're okay and asking if you're going to stay in the town. Rolling your eyes, you put them all under 'spam.' As you keep going through it, you smile sadly when you see sympathetic texts from Tai, Qrow and Summer. Then you frown when you see one from Raven.

Raven: (y/n). Tai told me you stopped by, and that he showed you my scrapbook. I know you took off when we found out we were going to have a girl. I wanted to apologize. I know coming back after all this time to see all of this isn't easy. We should have done better to ease you into it, and make it easier for you. But, we were all so excited to see you again that we rushed into it. Listen, like I said I would love for you to be at my wedding. But, I understand if you can't. I promise there will be a seat for you on the day of. I wanted to tell you this though. I made peace with how it ended between you and me. It was wonderful for what it was, and I will always cherish the memories of that. And there will be a part of me that will always love you. But, I made peace and moved on with my life. And I hope in time you can do the same.

Sighing when you see this, you pinch the bridge of your nose, and then turn your scroll off. Turning to the counter, you do your best to smile. " One ticket to Menagerie please," you tell him.