Chapter 14.

Violet

My eyes scanned the crowd as I looked for him. I had left my suitcase in Australia and just taken a small bag. When my eyes landed on the tall, slim, figure, I ran to him as he welcomed me with open arms. I ran into them as he wrapped his arms around me and I inhaled his scent.

"I missed you so much, Mace." 

"I missed you more, baby girl." 

I pulled out and looked at his eyes, feeling the tears rim my eyes. His usually messy chocolate hair had been swept to the side under a snapback and his blue eyes twinkled. He was wearing a white shirt and some jeans that weren't too baggy. 

"I'm hungry," I said blushing. He grinned at me and held my hand. "Let's go eat then. McDonalds?"

I nodded and grinned. "Thank you Macyyyyy." 

Amy

It was exactly midnight when I got a text from Violet saying she arrived. Luke and I were watching a movie with a bowl of popcorn. He was the only one that knew about her leaving apart from me. We were sitting beside each other, but not too close. 

"She arrived?" he asked.

I nodded. "I don't know what to tell Jai, though. He's asked me twice already and I said I didn't know."

He squeezed my hand. "It's okay. He'll understand."

When Violet first broke the news about her father's marriage, I had been shocked. I never knew he was that kind of person. But stubborn Violet had to see it with her own eyes to believe it. She had left earlier to go back to the UK. She told Matt, our other best friend, to pick her up from the airport. 

"I hope so," I said, leaning my head on Luke's shoulder. 

For the first time in the past two days, Jai walked out of his room. His eyes had huge black bags and they were blood shot. His hair was messy and he was wearing a sweatshirt and some sweatpants. He slipped on his high tops and walked to the door. 

"Jai, where are you going?" I asked.

"I need a walk," he mumbled. I nodded as he left. I looked at Luke, concern filling my eyes. He kissed my forehead. "You need some sleep Amy." 

I nodded as lay down on the couch and he covered me with a blanket. He made his way to his room until I called his name. 

"Yeah?" he turned. 

My heart was screaming to tell him the three words, but instead, "Good night."

He smiled. "Good night." 

Jai

For the thousandth time in a row, I dialed Violet's number. She would either hang up or ignore me. But I kept trying. I walked to her house as I tried calling her. Finally, on the third ring, she picked up. 

"Hello?" 

I checked the number I had dialed. It wasn't Violet, it was a boy's voice. But I realized it from somewhere. 

"Um, is Violet there?" 

"No, this is Mason. Who is this?" 

Mason? Wasn't he back in the UK? Oh no... Had Violet... Had she gone back to the UK? A thousand thoughts raced in my head. 

"This is Jai."

"Oh hey man!"

"Hey. Um, listen... Can I talk to Violet?"

"She's in the bathroom right now. Do you want me to tell her you called?"

I hesitated. "Mason, is she back in the UK?" 

I heard him sigh. "Yeah. She didn't believe me. She wanted to see for herself." 

"Thank you. Mason, please could you do me a favor?" 

"Anything," he said.

"Don't tell her I called. And please, take care of her. Okay?" 

I could feel him smiling on the other end. "Ofcourse Jai. I know how much you love her."

I smiled to myself and felt my cheeks heat up. "Yeah... Anyways I have to go."

"Me too, she's going to be out any second. Bye!" 

"Bye," I said, before hanging up. 

***

Two hours later, I was in the airport. I sneaked back in the house, gathered some stuff, taken a shower, and sneaked back out. I had enough money for a ticket and the next flight was in almost half an hour. I couldn't wait to see her. I wanted to let her know that I broke up with Tyla because of her. I wanted to be beside her when she felt troubled. I wanted to let her know she could lean on me. I'm the shoulder she can cry on. I wanted to let her trust me. 

I had already booked the flight and checked in as I waited for the flight. I got my phone out and played some angry birds.

 Amy

I woke up to someone nudging me softly. I opened my eyes and found Luke and Beau looking at me. I was so surprised to see them that close to my face that I pulled back. "Good morning to you too," teased Beau.

"Have you guys been creeping on me? Watching me while I sleep?"

They chuckled. "No. We were wondering if you saw Jai?" said Luke.

I frowned. "The last time I saw him was last night when he left for a walk."

I looked at the time to realize that it was 1 pm right now. Where would Jai be?

"Where is that prick?" Beau muttered as he stood up. Before he left the room, Luke's phone vibrated on the side table. All of us expecting it to be Jai, ran to pick it up. But it was an unknown number. Luke picked it up and put it on speaker. "Hello?"

"Hello. Is this Luke Brooks?"

"Yes, who is this?" he asked the female on the other line. 

"Are you Jai Brooks' brother?"

"Yes..."

There was dead silence for a moment until she spoke up, her voice hoarse and weak. "I'm sorry, Jai Brooks has been in a plane crash." 

_____________________________________________________________________________

Hi. 

Don't hate me :( If you want to hate me, throw some tomatoes at me. Or Potatoes. Or Lahme. Yeah, Lahme. Sorry for the cliff hanger ;) 

If you want the next chapter to be posted quicker, all you have to do is... VOTE+COMMENT! 

This reached 3K reads by the way, dying here. 

I love you all! GIF of Luke & Jai to the side. And James' head. --> 

Violet. x