Chapter 6

~ request by Strangergleeks 💓

Phillip POV:
In and out, in and out. This will be okay, nothing's going to happen. But I gaze at Anne, getting changed in her new maroon dress, skin so contrastingly dark...well, maybe things won't go well.
"Hey," she says to me, "I think this will be okay!" Anne is in a bright mood today, though I'm not sure why. Visiting my parents is not such an amazing thing.
"I'm sure it will be okay! Come on, then," I say, holding out my arm and trying to be bright.
We walk in the bright New York afternoon in silence, both of us slightly concerned about the situation. My parents are not the greatest of people, unlike our great show!
My old house comes into view, the house cream now instead of the white it used to be. A tiny part of me misses that time when I was rich and loved, and part of the good New Yorken society; but all I have to do is take a look at the stunning girl hanging on my hand, and my life becomes true once again.
Before we even ring the doorbell, the door opens and my mother stands there.
"Phillip! Oh, son, come here," She says, careful not to mention or look at Anne. She hugs me and holds me at arms length to look at me.
"Hello Mother," I tell, uptight. My mother tries a smile, and I can sense she really is trying, but I know my father won't be.
I pull Anne forwards, and Anne smiles at Mother, only getting a nod in return- which is better than nothing.
Mother leads us into the living room, where my father is sitting down on the couch.
"Phillip, sit down," He says. Although he address only me, I make sure Anne sits down too. Father looks at me in shock.
"We wanted to tell you something, Mother, Father," I start. I look at Anne encouragingly, but she stays positively silent.
"Well...Anne and I are engaged!" I spurt out. My mother let's out a tiny, surprised "ah!" and my father stands up in disgust.
"Phillip Carlyle, how do you think you are? Engaged to a woman of the Help? This is disgusting!" He says to me. I feel the anger bubble up, and in my shock, Anne stands up. She opens her mouth to talk, but Father interrupts her.
"Not a single black person will open their mouth in my house." He spits out. My mother lays a hand on his arm and murmurs "dear" but my father brushes her off.
Anne says, "And not a single white person will talk to me like that!" And she storms out the house.
I, restraining my violent anger, stand up calmly, and say, "As you can guess, neither of you are invited." And I turn around on my heel. My mother calls out to me, but I am done with both of them. Never again will I try to reach out.
Anne is waiting outside, unusually calm, and when I reach out, Anne says to me "That went well," and we begin to laugh, right there outside my parent's house, tears running down my face. As we walk off, to a nice dinner date, I realise one of the reasons I love Anne is because she can make me laugh even I want to cry.

Ah, here it is! Chapter 6!
The wedding chapter will come out soon & then a special one which is also a request...
I've had an idea for a (smutty) Baywatch book since I'd like to keep this one clean. Comment if you would like?
Hope you enjoy this ❤️