Chapter 1 - Easy

Ezio's POV

"EZIO!!" She screamed, chasing me down. I couldn't stop giggling, knowing I'm so dead. I clenched my fist with a scarf being held in it.

I felt her presence catch up, and I needed to go faster. I started taking sharp turns until I heard a gasp and then a grunt. I stopped in my tracks and turned around, to see 8-year-old (Y/N) rolling on the ground, cradling her knee, I ran up to her and gave her scarf back, as I inspected the bruise and big gash on her leg.

I quickly snatched her scarf back and wrapped it around the scar on her leg, it was really big, i wrapped the scarf securely around her leg like a bandage, "Ezio!" She grunted, "My scarf!" She whined. 

I giggle, "Don't worry, I'll tell my papa to get you a new one" 

She straightened her face, "But you will have to do a lot of chores for misbehaving again."

"It's time I own up to at least one mistake" I chuckled, she giggled back and I could tell it was off my positivity towards it.

"What about my leg!?!" (Y/N) shouted in horror, I snapped out of giggling and attempted to carry her, the climbing with Federico has improved my strength just enough to carry other kids my age like (Y/N). I started to slip my hands under her knees and the other behind her head, picking her up bridal style.

I rushed back home, "mama! mama!" 

"Ezio! what happened!" she jumped, looking over at the injured little girl.

"Well... She was chasing me--" 

"Why?" Mama asked, looking at me as she took the girl from my hands.

"I stole her scarf... but I was just playing around!--" 

"Dio Mio..." She sighed, "Okay, I will take care of her, go grab some clothes and wet them, then return here.

I nodded, rushing off to grab a cloth.

------

-A few years later, before the arrest-

The sunlight burnt into my bare back, I left myself up off the bed and look into the window, I flatten my nightgown as it was scrunched all the way up.

I walk over to the dressed and grab a brush, going through my hair, I was in no rush. I looked down at my leg, seeing a long scar on it. I smile, remembering how young I and Ezio were when I got it.

I place my hair into a hairnet and grab a dress, tying up the laces on the front ready for the day.

I walked out of the room, greeting my parents before leaving the house. I walked along the stone path, hearing birds squawk but were nothing compared to the chatter at the market down the road.

I saw Ezio, hopping around with his younger brother and Claudia. I smile, looking over at Claudia holding all the groceries, while Ezio held his little brother's hand and jumped around with him, they started to walk in my direction and I felt butterflies in my stomach, when do these dumb crushes end? I have had a crush on him for about a month now.

"Hey (Y/N)" Ezio grins, placing his dazed brother down and walking over to me, Claudia caught up and he signaled her to keep going with Petruccio. Claudia nodded.

"H-Hey Ezio" I smile, "What have you been up to?" I ask

"No good." He chuckled as we both started to walk

I give him a smirk, "What did you do now?"

"Oh, I'm going into a gang fight with Vierri, that Bastardo!" He smiled

I smirked, "Oh you have never changed." 

He wraps his arm around my shoulders casually "Never will." he laughed, I felt a slight blush as he kept leaning on my shoulders.

"Be careful though" I sighed

"I will! will!" He smiled.

"And after that? will you then treat your wounds?" I ask

"I will pay Christina a visit" He deepened his voice, signaling he means fucking her. I sigh, in all seriousness, Christina was my friend and all, but I couldn't help but get jealous of the things she has. Ezio does love her, but I have known him longer than any of his friends.

I nodded, feeling a frown grow on my face, he took his arm off my shoulders, "What's wrong?" he asks, is he that oblivious.

I give him a fake smile, messing up his great hair, "Nothing important" I replied. He did get a little pissed after I ruined his hair, I could see it, but in my head, its revenge for talking about Christina.

"What was that for!?" He hissed, untying his hair so he could redo it.

"I told you I don't want to hear anything dirty" I scoffed with a slight giggle.

He chuckled, "okay..." he smirked.

"I must be off now" I smile, realizing I'm supposed to be grabbing some paintings for my parents. Ezio's má recommended them Leonardo da Vinci's art, and that he was an amazing artist. And ever since, they have been buying Leonardo's work.

-that night-

"(Y/N)?" Papa called out

I walked over to his office and popped my head in, "Yes Pa?"

"Sit down" He grumbled

He pulled out a chest, "I will send you off to your elder cousin's to train" He explained, before leaving.

I opened the chest to find an outfit

(Remember that family honor was very big back then, and nobody wanted to shame their own last name)

I will make my father proud and join the Templars. If this is what he wants, I have to do it.