Chapter 28: You gotta relax

Justin's POV:

*  2 weeks after last chapter *

Makenzie has been in chemotherapy for about a month and a half now. The more each day goes by, the weaker and weaker she looks. All her hair is gone, her skin still pale, her movements weak. She still manages to put a faint smile when I try to make her smile...

I look at Mia, pacing around the room worried. "Babe, she's gonna be fine," I assure her. She looks at me, tears in her eyes. "Justin, you keep saying that. But, look at her. She looks like she's getting weaker and weaker each day," she says, tears now streaming down her face.

I get off the couch and wal towards her. I hear Mia sniff, trying to stop her tears. I wrap my arms around her waist, pulling her towards me. I kiss her forehead, trying to comfort her.

"She's gonna make it," I tell him. Mia nods and continues to cry. "What do I have to do to make you happy again? You only smiled once since Kenzie had cancer," I tell her. She looks down.

I hear a knock on the door. I let go of Mia's waist and head for it, going to answer it. I open it and find Brandi. "Uhh," I say confused. I look back at Mia, who's staring at Brandi like she's about to kill her.

"What are you doing here?," Mia asks her. Brandi looks down. "I'm here to say sorry." "Here to say sorry?! No, thank you. It's too late," Mia snaps. "Mia, please. I didn't mean what I said." "Then, why did you say it?," Mia asks.

I stare at both of them during the awkward silence. "Well, I'll leave you two to talk," I tell them. I walk out the room, closing the door behind me.

Mia's POV:

"What do you want?," I ask Brandi. "Mia, I'm sorry. I can't believe I said that about  Makenzie. I didn't mean to. Something just came over me." "Yeah, whatever. Now, get the hell out," I tell her. "No, Mia. Please forgive me. I only said that because I was mad because I felt like you didn't care about the best relationship I've ever been in. But, then Fredo broke up with me, then I realized you didn't really have time to worry about my relationship because you have to worry about Kenzie. I'm sorry."

I let her words float through my mind for a few seconds. Well, yeah I'm still mad at her. But, I have to at least try to forgive her. I mean, she's help me so much. I can't throw a friendship like that away. I don't know what to say, so I just nod my head and embrace her.

Brandi lets go and looks at Kenzie. "Is she gonna be okay?," she asks. "I hope," I say back. Justin opens the door and walks back in. "So, you two okay now?," he asks us. We both nod. "Good," he says with a smile.

Justin comes back to me and wraps his arms around me. "You know we didn't get to renew our vows?," he asks me. Oh shit. I forgot about that. "You guys were gonna renew your vows?," Brandi asks.

"Well, yeah. But, then we got the phonecall saying that Makenzie wasn't doing so well, so we rushed over here," I tell her. We all hear a sudden knock on the door.

"Come in!," I shout. The door opens and Doctor Steve walks in. "Hi, can I talk to you two for a minute?," he asks. Me and Justin exchanges worried looks. I nod. I look at Brandi. "Yeah, I'll watch her for you two," she says. "Thanks," I say to her.

We walk out the door, gently closing the door behind us. "So, you both most likely noticed that Makenzie has been looking weaker and weaker everyday since the chemotherapy started." Me and Justin both nod.

"Well, I'm not sure if Makenzie's gonna pull through that long. A miracle has to happen for her to survive this. She's really weak and she can't fight anything off. Im sorry. We'll just have to wait it out and see what happens."

I feel tears come in my eyes once again. "So, you mean.... Makenzie might not make it?," Justin asks me, tears in his eyes also. "I don't know Justin. We have to wait and see." Tears stream down my face and I start to run down the hospital hallway, Justin trailing behind me.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How was it?!

Comment and vote please!

I love you all and keep it swaggy!

My kik: msswag15