Chapter 36

"Merry Christmas" Laura greets.

"Laura...what time is it?" I lay in bed with my cell pressed against my ear.

"Eight am here" she starts "ten pm your time....you sound tired, Partying hard?"

I shake my head slowly "No....I'm in bed"

"You're in bed at ten o'clock on Christmas day?" She cries.

I've actually been in bed all Christmas Eve and Christmas day. Binge watching Seinfeld. That's how I spend my dark day. Hank spends he frantically cleaning the house and baking food, while Thomas just sleeps and plays video games. We don't exchange gifts or put up a tree any more.

"Really? Well, send my love to Dr Frasier Crane" she assumed.

I've finished binging Frasier, now I've moved on to Seinfeld.

"Its Jerry Seinfeld now actually" I admit.

"You live a sad life, my friend," she tells me.

I sigh. Sader then you think.

"Anyway, how's your mum?" I change the subject.

"Having an affair with my father's business partner" she announces casually.

My eyes widen "Oh my god"

That's huge. Wasn't she accused her husband of having an affair like a week or two ago?

"So she's in London with him while I'm in Paris with my cousin Sherry and her fiancé Roger," she tells me. "I presume your Christmas was better?"

I glance down at my laptop that sits on my lap "Yeah me and Jerry Seinfeld had a ball" I laugh.

"Wait you didn't celebrate Christmas?" She cries in surprise.

I widen my eyes, as searching for an excuse. Crap I need an excuse for not celebrating Christmas.

"Um I'm uh Jewish" I snap my finger before sighing in relief.

"Jewish? Since when?" She asks.

"My whole life I guess" I scratch my head.

Nice save Isla.

"Wow I never knew," she says in surprise "did you go to the winter carnival?"

Unfortunately. The maze was good, but every thing else I regret.

"Don't even get me started about the winters carnival" I shake my head.

"Oh no, what happened?" Laura asks concernly.

"Ely and I had a spat....than Kyle got me so triggered I could have torn his head off-" I raise my voice in her.

"What did he say?" She questions.

"Nothing!" I cry "He's avoiding me"

Honestly he can't just ignore his problems and hope they go away. I hang out with the exact same people that he does. Ely can't just hide in the library for the rest of the year.

"No I meant Kyle" she corrects.

Why is she asking about Kyle? She knows what he's like. He's an asshole.

"He just went on and on about how I'm not in a relationship" I roll my eyes, desperate to continue talking about Ely.

Laura gasps. "Oh no"

Oh no?

"Oh no, what?" I raise a brow in confusion.

"Oh my god! Oh my god no!" She cries.