06 [Most Wanted]

06 [Most Wanted]
Description: You meet Lewis after a long day at work and become close friends. What you don't know is that Lewis is London's most wanted criminal and your dad, who is a police officer, is working on the case.

• • •

It was nine in the evening and you had just come off work. You were walking the empty streets of London, with your hot chocolate in hand to keep your hands warm. You had your earphone's on and you were listening to your favourite song, not paying attention to anyone, or anything, around you.

As you turned the corner that leads on to the road to get to your house that you shared with your dad, you hit into something hard, causing you to drop your bag and hot chocolate. You looked down, cursing as you saw the mess on the floor. "Oh, gosh, I'm so sorry!" You heard a male voice say, helping you pick up everything that had fallen out of your bag. You looked up, only to be met with a pair of gorgeous brown eyes.

"It's no problem," you smiled shyly, tucking a piece of hair behind your ear as you picked up your phone. "Thank you."

You went to walk off, but the attractive boy grabbed your arm, gently. "Hey, can I have your number?"

Blushing, you nodded, handing him your phone to put his number in. "I'm Lewis," he smiled, handing you back your phone.

"Y/N," you smiled back at him.

"Beautiful name for a beautiful girl," he winked. "Call me, babe." He turned away, walking off into the direction he was going, leaving you smiling like an idiot.

• • •

After having a shower, you had put on some comfortable pyjama's and were getting into bed. As you didn't have work tomorrow, you decided to text Lewis.

To: Lewis R
Hey, it's Y/N x

While you waited for a reply, you switched on Netflix and caught up on the series you were currently watching. There was a knock on your door, then in came your dad. Your dad worked as a police officer so he was hardly ever home. He was a single parent to you as your mum wasn't around, so you had the utmost respect for him.

"Hey cupcake," he smiled at you.

"Hey daddy," you grinned at him, as he sat on the edge of your bed. There was no denying it, you were a daddy's girl for sure. You would do anything and everything for him because of what he has done for you. "How was work?"

"Stressful. There's this guy who's most wanted and we can't seem to locate him anywhere!"

"What is he wanted for?" You asked. You've always been intrigued by your dad's job.

"Drugs, assault, fraud...The list goes on," He told you. "Anyway, what are you doing?"

"Watching Netflix while talking to a..." You went to say friend, but Lewis wasn't really your friend. You had just met him today and knew nothing about him. "Talking to someone I met today."

Your phone went off and you looked at it, noticing that Lewis had replied causing you to smile instantly. "Why're you grinning like that? Was it an attractive guy you met?" Your dad teased.

"You could say that," you laughed, texting Lewis back.

From: Lewis R
Hey, did you get home safe? x

"Remember what I've said-"

"Yes, dad. I know." You smiled up at him. He had always told you to be safe with the internet and meeting people in general.

"Well I'm off to bed, I've got work tomorrow and I've got to catch this guy." He got up from your bed and kissed your forehead. "Goodnight Y/N, love you,"

"Goodnight dad, love you too," Your dad walked out and you went back to watching your show and talking to Lewis.

- A Couple of Months Later -

Your dad comes home from work, looking flushed. "Y/N!" He grinned, waving a photo around in his hands. "You work at the local café, don't you?"

Nodding, you paused the show you were watching and focused all your attention on your dad. "Well, rumour has it that the guy we're looking for goes there on a regular basis. I wanted you to look at this photo of him and see if you have seen him."

Your dad showed you a photo and your heart dropped. "Nope, I've never seen him in my life." You told him, lying.

"Y/N. I know when you're lying. You have seen him."

Over the past few months, you and Lewis have been getting on like a house on fire. You couldn't tell your dad that Lewis was the guy that had changed your mood for the better, he would stop you from talking to Lewis if you did.

"I've got to go," you rushed, grabbing your jacket and your phone and rushing out of the door.

You ran to Lewis' house, which wasn't that far from yours. How your dad hasn't managed to catch him when he only lives down the road, you would never know. It was crazy how well Lewis could hide from the police. Lewis had told you everything from where he grew up, to now being London's most wanted. Of course, he was aware your dad worked on the case but you being your naïve self, made a promise to not tell your dad about him.

Banging on Lewis' door, out of breath from the short run, you waited for him to answer. "Y/N, what's wrong? Calm down, baby, tell me what's up."

"My dad, he's getting close to finding you. He knows you go to the café I work at! I don't know what-" Lewis cut you off by pressing his lips to yours. It wasn't the first kiss you two had shared and it sure as hell wasn't going to be the last.

"Listen to me," Lewis put his hands on your cheeks, staring into your eyes. "Nothing, and I mean nothing, is going to stop me from being with you. Not even your dad. I, Y/N, I think I love you."

You couldn't help but smile. "I love you too, Lewis." You went to kiss him but were cut off by the door being kicked down. It was your dad and his police friends.

"Y/N, get in the car now!" Your dad was furious.

"No. I love Lewis and you're not going to stop me from seeing him!" You protested.

"Oh yes I am," your dad said as two police officers came into the house, putting Lewis in handcuffs.

"NO!" You screamed.

"Wait for me Y/N, I'll be out soon," Lewis told you.

"I love you, Lewis!" By now, you had tears streaming down your face. You ran towards Lewis who was being taken away, but your dad and one of his close friends grabbed you.

It was over.