Cold Blood Pt. 4

"Amy, move away from the light. If it touches you, you'll be wiped from history. Amy, move away now" the Doctor says.

"No. I am not leaving him. We have to help him" Amy cries, {Y/N} grabs onto Amy's shoulders.

"The light's already around him. We can't help him."

"I am not leaving him."

"We have to."

"No!"

"I'm sorry."

"Get off me!" {Y/N} and the Doctor drag Amy to the TARDIS.

"I'm sorry" {Y/N} whispers.

"Get off me" the two Time Lords push Amy into the TARDIS "No!" the Doctor sonics the Tardis door shut, while {Y/N} holds Amy close to her, they both fall to the ground, Amy sits between {Y/N}'s legs while the Doctor runs to the console.

"No! No! No! No! Let me out. Please let me out. I need to get to Rory. That light. If his body's absorbed, I'll forget him. He'll never have existed. You can't let that happen" Amy says looking up at {Y/N} "what is he doing?" the Doctor sets the TARDIS in motion "Doctor, no! No! No! No!" Amy struggles against {Y/N}'s grip, Rory is absorbed by the light from the crack as the TARDIS dematerialises "Doctor, we can't just leave him there!" Amy shouts.

"Keep him in your mind. Don't forget him. If you forget him, you'll lose him forever" {Y/N} says stoking Amy's hair.

"When we were on the Byzantium, I still remembered the Clerics because I am a time traveler now, you both said," Amy says.

"They weren't part of your world. This is different. This is your own history changing" the Doctor says.

"Don't tell me it's going to be ok. You both have to make it ok."

"It's going to be hard, but you can do it, Amy. Tell me about Rory, eh? Fantastic Rory. Funny Rory. Gorgeous Rory. Amy, listen to me. Do exactly as I say. Amy, please. Keep concentrating. You can do this" {Y/N} whispers tears threating to spill, Amy turns to her.

"I can't" the Doctor walks over sitting next to them.

"You can. You can do it. We can't help you unless you do. Come on. We can still save his memory. Come on, Amy. Please. Come on, Amy, come on. Amy, please" {Y/N} says.

"Don't let anything distract you. Remember Rory. Keep remembering. Rory's only alive in your memory. You must keep hold of him. Don't let anything distract you. Rory still lives in your mind" the Doctor says, the TARDIS comes to a sudden halt. They are thrown to the floor. The ring box lands in front of the Doctor.

"What were you saying?" Amy asks the Doctor and {Y/N} look at her.

"I have seen some things today, but this is beyond mad" Mo says.

"Doctor. Five seconds till it all goes up" Amy says, they all dash outside just in time to see the drilling derrick explode "all Nasreen's work just erased."

"Good thing she's not here to see it. She's going to give Tony hell when they wake up" Mo says.

"You could've let those things shoot me. You saved me" Ambrose says looking at the Doctor.

"An eye for an eye. It's never the way. Now you show your son how wrong you were, how there's another way. You make him the best of humanity, in the way you couldn't be."

*Time skip*

Amy, {Y/N} and the Doctor return to the TARDIS.

"You're both very quiet. Oh. Hey, look. There I am again. Hello, me" Amy says waving at her future self, a lone figure waves back from the other side of the valley.

"Are you ok?" {Y/N} asks.

"I thought I saw someone else there for a second. I need a holiday. Didn't we talk about Rio?" Amy asks.

"You go in. Just fix this lock. Keeps jamming" the Doctor says.

"You two and your locksmithery," Amy says walking into the TARDIS, the Doctor hands {Y/N} Amy's ring which was still in the red box.

"Hold onto it," he says, {Y/N} nods putting it in her pocket.

"Now, as my people awaken from their thousand-year sleep ready to rise to the surface, my thoughts turn back to the Doctor and {Y/N}. The losses they suffered then and the greater loses that were still to come" {Y/N} takes the handkerchief from her other pocket and slowly unwraps it, the shrapnel she pulled from the crack is a charred piece of the TARDIS, she puts it to where it would belong and she and the Doctor share looks.

---

~Bread 🍞