Dangerous Thoughts

Jack stepped into his office and sat at his desk.  A keyboard appeared, embedded in the black marble.  He typed, Spy, report.

A screen popped up.  Spy was a third AI, in addition to Delphine and Robert.  No voice spoke, only text that read Spy:  Anise and Candice stopped by your office looking for you.  Your higher ranking members seem to be interested in your love life.  Plans for the RD-J suit have been completed in forty-two different versions.

Jack nodded and waved the screen away.  "Robert, tell Candice and Anise I'm back."

Over the intercom, Robert said, "Candice and Anise, Jack has returned to the office."

In a few moments, Anise knocked at the door.  "It's Anise," she called.

Jack leaned back.  "Open for Anise."

The door opened, letting Anise in and then silently sliding shut.  "I finished the prototype of flesh-eating nanobots.  Tested them, gave them a remote.  Even added a filter to control who they target."

"Excellent, that will come in handy later.  Robert, pull up the blueprints for the... the mekked... the mekduh... Oh, for crying out loud.  The M-E-C-D."

The screen showed a gun, like an assault rifle, with a sphere where the magazine should be.  

"Now, if Mr. Luster has followed my instructions, this should work both ways.  Done correctly, and we should be able to actually mold richerite.  Up until now, I've had to go through the mind-numbing process of actually synthesizing the element in the shape of the parts I needed fo the guns.  Not fun.  Make me a prototype and bring it to me before you test it.  If it works, the government will fall sooner than we hoped."

A message popped up.  Spy:  Gabriel Marquis is dead.  The agent's pay has been transferred.  Jack waved it away as Anise examined the gun.

"I could probably make it in a day or two.  I'll get started right away."

As Anise left, Candice rushed in grinning like a kid in a candy store.  "I've got something for ya, boss!"

A message popped up.  Spy:  Katherine says, "Jack loves me because I'm not as smart as he is."

Jack clicked his tongue and typed Mute.

Candice stood before Jack's desk.  "I think I've found a solution to all our problems, sir!"  Jack tensed, ready to ask Robert to instill Order.  "This chip!"  She pulled a vial from her pocket and set it on the table.  Inside was a chip no bigger than a fingernail.  "It holds the information of the universe.  The World Wide Web.  Every encyclopedia, budgets, plans!  Everything is composed in this tiny chip!"

"Okay," Jack nodded slowly.  "What problems does that solve?"

Candice hesitated, as if not expecting a devil's advocate.  "The chip contains government secrets.  I'm talking MPF shit right here.  Now, the only thing I need is to implant the chip in someone's brain.  Someone we trust and will do our bidding.  We can take them down from the inside out."

"Alright... explain to me how you managed to convert computer coding to neurocoding?" Jack asked.  "While we're at it, how does the chip prevent from decaying in the brain serum?  Also, in what way does putting this-" Jack snapped his fingers and a series of holograms of MPF videos, photographs, blueprints, patrol routes, strike tactics, and even a few naughty photos of an officer;s wife appeared between him and Candice.  "-in someone's brain help to take down the government?"

Candice sighed.  This was going to be a hard sell, apparently.  "Jack, we could have spies on the inside."

"Why do we need spies on the inside?" Jack asked.  "I have all their information, anyway.  And at the rate my work with richterite is going, the MPF won't even exist in a month.  In follow-up, though..."  He scratched his chin as he looked at the chip.  "I've never been a fan of interfering with human intelligence, but mixed with stem-cell research...  Yes!  Robert, lock up, I'm heading out!"  He stood.  "Candice, assuming this thing works, you may have made an unintended discovery.  I need to sleep on it, though.  At tomorrow's meeting, I'll tell you if I have something to work with."