the bad boy likes only me; the good girl: [Ch 19] past and present collide

Okay, so here's chapter 19! Wow. A whole two months since I've uploaded! Let's just say I was taking a long non-writing vacation :P

Anyways here's the chapter like promised. Hope you enjoy :)

Chapter 19: Past and Present Collide

"Hey baby doll. Long time no see," Brad said way too composed as if nothing never happened between us, taking a step to me.

I mirrored his move and took a step back, grasping my chest. I wanted to tell him off, to tell him to leave me alone. No matter how brave I felt inside my voice was lower than a shaky whisper. "Brad, you need to go."

His eyes shimmered off the gleaming moon giving me a clear view as if we were standing out in the daylight that I could see his eyes went sad. I hurt him and I felt awful. Should I feel bad after what he'd done to me? Oh god I don't know! You'd think all feelings I had for him would be gone but they're not. My past was not the most fun with my family life, yet, when I was with him it was like all the negative energy I gain from them lifted off my body. He brought me joy, happiness, compassion and all the other things that make a girl feel all fluffy inside.

'What about love?' my mind asked.

"...regret. Babe, are you even listening to me?"

I mentally shook myself bringing me back to the now-the reality.

"Huh?" I said absently.

The corner of his lips tugged in to a smile. "That's what I always love about you, babe-the way you look like you're thinking all the time, but in a cute way."

I bit my lip. "You think I look cute when I think?"

Brad shifted his weight and stared down at my butt. "I sure do but your ass is a lot cuter," he said licking his lips.

My cheeks became very hot from his all-guys-ever-care-about-is-the-physical-attractiveness comment. No! He will not mess with me like this. This time I physically shook myself.

I stared directly at his taunting eyes while I narrowed mine.

"What are you even doing here?" I demand, surprise my voice felt so strong.

Brad sighed. He ran a hand through is think, blond, curly hair that I loved so much. "I came back for you."

The words sliced straight through me.

"Huh?" was my brilliant response.

Brad took another step, closing in the gap between us. For some reason that I'm not sure why my feet decided they have a mind of their own and didn't move.

When he spoke his voice was so sincere and alluring my heart melted with each word that came out of his mouth. "Selena, the moment I laid eyes on you I knew we were destined to be together... forever. You're the girl that makes my life worth wild. You're the girl that puts a smile on my face even when I'm having the shitiest day."

I gave an exaggerated eye roll. "Brad, shitiest isn't a word."

His face brightens. "See that's another thing why I love you so much. You're smart too!"

Did he just say he loves me as in present tense? Oh gosh, how am I going to handle this? Can I handle this? After all he is bigger than me-way bigger to be more precise.

Again, no!

I don't love him. I never will ever, ever again love him. He destroyed my heart and acts as if that had never happened. He just waltzes up to my home like we've still been dating all this time. God, why do I always have to pick the dumbasses?