Chapter Twenty Six

Chapter Twenty Six

Things back at the loft were, fun, to say the least. We did have our little bed time together, but after that I hid from him just to piss Charlie off, it really makes him mad when I act like I'm four. It's like he has to babysit me constantly.

"Sadie, come on. I've been looking for you for over twenty minutes, this isn't fair."

I texted him in response, "Oh Charles, don't whine."

"Fuck it, I'm leaving." I heard the front door open. 

From behind the curtains, I scampered out and onto his back, once again I was wearing his clothes, "I'm sorry, I will stay in sight for the rest of the day, I swear." I rested my head on his shoulder looking up at him.

His lips quirked into a smirk, "Good, and I never planned on leaving." 

Charlie was shirtless and in boxers, I've been tricked! He would never leave without proper clothes on! That lying blanket stealer.

"You lied to me!"

He deadpanned, "You hid behind curtains for a half hour just to annoy me, who's the real bad guy here."

Detaching myself from Charlie and curled myself up on the couch, "No comment."

The whale I am dating sat himself on me, I attempted to push his fat ass off me to no avail, "I love Sadie yes I do, and I know she loves me too." He chuckled at his rhyme.

Gasping for air under the lead blanket known as Charlie, "Charlie you're going to crush me, I can see my life flashing before my eyes. Tell my family I love them." I panted as I reached out to the ceiling.

Charlie's deep, round laughter boomed around me, as he rolled on his back lifting me to sit over him. "I won't let you die. Not like this."

I flicked his nose, "If not like this, then how are you going to let me die?"

His green eyes glinted with another clear smirk, "We could go ziplining over the zoo,"

I interuppted, "And you would cut my rope! How dare you!"

He shook his head, "No way, a bee would sting you on your trip, and you'd find out then you're allergic to bees."

I won't let him win. "You don't know, maybe I've been stung before so I know that I'm not allergic."

"Dee, a bee was on tv once and you turned away from it because you don't like them and you're scared." 

"I hate you." I kissed him anyway.

#

The two of us went home later that night because of school the next morning. 

Believe it or not, I can be responsible about school. Not that I usually am, but it's possible.

Waking up a few hours before sunrise in a cold sweat, I panicked. My breathing was cut short, was I dying, tears sprung to my eyes, my head raced with mesy, blurred thoughts of tears, dark clothing, two boxes. What was happening to me? I tried to cry out for Alex but my throat felt drier than sand, I lifted my hands thinking I can reach for the door, but they shook like a tree in a hurricane. 

What day is it? 

My heart stopped. 

The anniversary of my parents death. I can't move, I can't see, I can't breathe. 

The day was so vivid and sharp in my mind. One second I was on the way to a regular day of freshman year, only to come home with a picture of my dead parents lying on the kitchen counter. Another of my uncle with a twisted and sickly smile, clothes and skin stained with blood. The blood of my parents.