Chapter 4: The Trial Of Remesses II

∞ Previously ∞

"Be on guard!" (Y/n) shouts alerting her friends. "Something is coming." "W-whats happening?!" Samara ask clearly afraid. "Something's moving in the sand and it's coming this direction." (Y/n) said. "The instruction said the guardians will appear when the tower rises, are these them?" Alex ask. When they are 5 metres away, they finally see what is really is. "G-giant scorpions!" (Y/n) shriek.

∞﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏∞

One of the scorpions lunge at (Y/n) but before the scorpion touch her she takes out her sword and slice it in half. She hates insects sooo much. Another one attacks Samara, but (Y/n) slice it too. She continue to attack them but they keep coming. "Samara! The answer is 20! Put 20 balls in the tray and push it in! Hurry! We'll hold them off." Samara started to take the balls and count them. One of the scorpion use it's pinch and pinch one of Alex's leg making him fell down. "Alex!" (Y/n) shout. Her face darkened and the memories from the past comes back to her. "Don't touch my friends!" She shouts again and swing her sword killing most of them but they keep coming. "Hurry!" Alex shouts to Samara. "Just one more! Aah!" The last ball slipped from her hand an landed among the scorpions. "Forget it! Just grab another one from the box!" Alex shout. "R-right!!!" Samara stuttered out. "That's twenty." The top of the tower open and reveal some bells.

Bonggg~~~

The sound is so loud (Y/n) have to cover her ears. The scorpions is nearing them but once they hear the bell, they scatter away. Samara is on the verge of tears without realizing the scorpions is gone. "I shouldn't have come..." She cried out. "Hey, we're safe now." (Y/n) told her with a soft voice while her hand is on Samara's head in order to calm her down. "Huh?" She looks up and saw (Y/n) face. A wide smile is plastered on her face while holding her free hand out to help Samara get up. "Looks like solving the puzzle allows us to enter the pyramid." Alex stated while in (Y/n)'s head is a completely different thing. 'I wonder what those scorpions ate to get that big. Probably some humans that trying to get in...' "I wonder what those scorpions eat to get that big." Alex said which surprise (Y/n) a little bit but of course she didn't  show it. "Probably some human." She reply making Samara more scared than before.

"Well, the entrance is open now. Let's go." Alex said. "Aye sir!" (Y/n) shouts.

In the same time, Ali is laying on the sand. Thinking how is he still alive. Why the scorpions ignore him. Maybe because his to worthless to be killed? The world may never know. The entrance started to close but Ali manage to get in the last second.

Once the trio is inside the pyramid, they're shocked to see how tidy the place is. "It's surprisingly spacious in here." Alex stated. "From reading the hieroglyphs, I'm confident that this pyramid is somehow related to Ramesses II. Look! The walls are covered with murals of battles he was involved in. That serpent's eyes are made from black agate!" He said. "Look! There still intact. That means grave robbers haven't been here yet." (Y/n) shouts. "That means we're the first one that ever come here!" Samara concluded. "Yep! This is so exciting!" Alex agreed.

After 2 hours full of walking and snacking.

"We've been walking for 2 hours already, are we there yet?" Samara ask while (Y/n) keeps on munching her (F/snack). "Patience, young one,a pyramid is huge after all." Alex said and suddenly he saw a doorway. "Oho! That looks like a doorway!" He stated. Walk through the doorway and saw a maze. But not the normal kind of maze. It's an rock maze with no walls. One wrong move and we will fall to our death. "Another challenge!" (Y/n) said excitedly. Around them is an empty space filled with mummies. "Yeek! There are mummies in the walls!" Samara shriek. "If my guess is right,those mummies were Ramesses II's soldiers when they were alive." Alex stated. "Well, there are a lot of myths about the mummies. One of them is like what you say. Faithful till the end, they're protecting they're pharaoh's treasure even after death. Another one is my theory. The mummies is actually puppets. They have no souls in they're body. They're only here to protect the treasure until the real owner come. I bet they're there to take care of any intruders who trigger the traps." (Y/n) explained. "Traps?" Samara said in confusion.

"Look at the floor. These stones are obviously not fixed in place. Stepping on a stone will press it down. That's what I meant by 'trap'." Alex said. "Then how do we get across?" Samara ask. "Stepping on the stones y not trigger the trap. See those platforms with button on them? To get to the other side, we probably have to press all the button on every platform. But, we can walk on the stones only once. I'll wager that stepping on these stones once will make it sink slightly. But stepping on them again will trigger the trap! Let's take a good look around how to figure out how to get to the other side safely. Those platoms are the key!" He explain and ask to himself. "How do we press all the buttons?" But, with (Y/n)'s ears, she can hear him perfectly. "I can help with that." She smirk and snap her finger. "Woah!"

∞﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏∞

Press the ☆ to make the update faster...