Chapter 3.

Thor's POV:

As the days went by, I unfortunately have to admit that I was right. The duties of a king seperated us from each other. And I missed Loki very much. Most of the time, we had to sneak away from work, to share a kiss or lock ourselves up in the empty parts of our castle to do more.

And yet, there was something to it that ignited a lustful fire in us. For every single minute with him became much more dear, more meaningful.

But even that was during those days Loki had time off. There would be times where I sat in the study, going through papers that father left me to deal with, while my beloved husband was on Jotunheim, turning a planet of frost savages, into a civilized ice kingdom. And I must say, he was doing an excellent job!

I looked at my lover who was currently outside, playing with his firstborn child.

The dark grey, eight legged stallion that our father rode for all these years, has quite never really catched my attention until I read Loki's journal. We both decided to move him into his own quarters. Sleipnir is Loki's son...therefore, he kind of is mine too now.

"How are you dealing with the duties, darling?" Frigga's lovely voice caught me off guard, startled me. Neverthless I smiled in her direction as our mother walked into the room. Her beautiful long hair shined like threads of gold in the bright sunlight, though her eyes looked tired.

"Not used to it yet, mother. But that takes time I suppose." I got off of the stone windowsill that has gotten quite boiling hot from the summer sun, mother just stayed where she stood with her long satin dress, no longer dragging after her every step she took.

"Indeed. However, I do have to ask you, have you heard of the rumors about a dark spirit, roaming around our borders? Your people are getting quite anxious, my son." Mother had this uneasy look in her striking, fluorite eyes. As if she knew of something that no one else did...

"Aye, I have. But those are only rumors, right? Or do you have something to tell me?"

The former Queen took a deep, hectic breath, walking over to my side with what seemed like a silver medallion in her tight grip.

It was rather beautiful, could easily fit into Loki's collection of accessories with that green alexandrite gem, carefully placed in the middle of an ellipse pendant. Though Loki almost never wears silver and mostly prefers emeralds.

"There are many things your father hid from you and your brother. For one, Loki's true heritage and he truly regrets it. I came here to tell you something he should have told both you and Loki years ago....before it is too late."

A deep frown formed on my face as she put the silver necklace in my hand. It looked fairly old up close, it weighed heavy on my palm, I suspect the metal is steel, not a fragile one like I thought before.

"What is this?"

"Millenias prior to your birth, Odin was unfaithful to his Queen. He bedded young maidens from every corner of Asgard behind my back, until one of them became pregnant. Angrboda was a childhood friend of his, in their teenage years they swore to marry each other. Some time later, he met me. We fell head over heels for one another and now, our love is stronger than it has ever been.

But back then, Odin was young and arrogant, much like you were at the beginning. His appetite for women had no ending, I could not satisfy him on my own.

He slept around with everybody who batted their long, pretty lashes at him. Angrboda, still angry with him for marrying me, she bewitched his seed and her reproductive organs to produce him a child. So his first born would not be of my blood, so his infidelity would destroy our marrige and she would become the next Queen.

It never happened. Odin took the infant from her once she gave birth, banished her to Midgard, stripped of her seiðr and memory.

He walked up to me that night and said This child, should have been born from you and I. He prayed me for forgiveness and soon recieved it, for I could not stay mad at him any longer. I saw regret and guilt destroying him from the inside. In turn he let me call it mine and I named her Hela."

"This belonged to her." Frigga added, pointing at the long forgotten trinket in my fist. I could barely believe my ears, this means me and Loki have a sister. Which could be marvelous news, but I have lived under our father's ruling long enough to know that this is not the end of this story.

"You're saying that we have a sister? Why do I feel like there is more to the story, mother?" As I suspected, she nodded with a sad smile on her face.

"Hela grew up to be a fierce warrior, a princess that could have taken the throne of Asgard alone. There was a time when Odin was in charge of Asgard only. The other nine realms belonged to their own rulers, but he had a vision of sitting upon the throne, owning all of them.

Hela much like his father, agreed and became his executor. Kingdom after kingdom fell when both the King and his daughter crossed their borders. Being the new protector and leader of nine whole realms, Odin was satisfied and wished for peace.

However, much like her mother, she disagreed. She wanted more, she wanted it all. Nothing could satisfy her greed and her twisted soul, so Odin had to banish her. She has been stripped of her body, letting her spirit wander in space."

"And that spirit at the borders....is mine and Loki's sister? Is that what you are suggesting?"

A tear rolled down the former Queen's face as she nodded.

"King's firstborn is destined to inheret the power of Asgard. Hela is Odin's firstborn and is getting stronger with every second. I fear she might come back in the flesh once your father is gone. He does not have much time left."

.....what?