Chapter Three: The Search

"A carrier?"

Jason's servant stared at him, the normal nervousness of being in the same room as the prince being accompanied by confusion in his green eyes. Jason rolled his eyes, pacing in his room. Why must servants waste his time with stupid questions?

"Did I stutter?" Jason snapped, stopping in his tracks and giving the servant a harsh glare. "I want a carrier. A male that can have a child. Are you stupid or just wanting to bother me?"

The servant chewed his lip, his eyes glued to the floor and his head bowed in complete submission. Jason rolled his eyes once more, letting out a sigh and pinching the bridge of his nose.

"I need a carrier to provide me with an heir so my idiot father will get off my back," Jason explained slowly, as if speaking to a small child. "There's only one way I would be able to bed a carrier without anyone truly knowing. I need to buy one as a slave. So find me a carrier and buy him for me."

The servant nodded timidly. "Do.. you have a preference, my prince?"

"No. Just get me one that can give me an heir. I don't care what he looks like."

The servant nodded before turning to hurry away. Jason reached out, catching the servant's arm.

"Remember Percy," Jason cooed, a cruel smirk on his face. "You have two more months. You haven't made too big of a mistake yet. I'll tell you what. If you get me this carrier, next week being the latest, I'll let you and her free."

The servant's, Percy, eyes grew wide at that. They went from wide and  fearful to shocked and glossy in a matter of seconds. Jason's smirk almost grew when the boy's jaw dropped.

"I.. I thought you killed her.." the servant's voice shook as he spoke. Jason shook his head.

"That was a threat. But she's still alive. Now, the sooner I get my carrier, the sooner you and your darling Annabeth can go free."

Percy nodded quickly and took off like a bullet once the prince let go of him. Jason smiled to himself, scoffing.

"Idiot."