chapter 30

waves dean lewis

Luna

When I woke in the morning I felt really dizzy and nauseous. My head wouldn't stop spinning. After throwing up basically nothing and dry-heaving for a few minutes, I was sitting on the bathroom floor rubbing my legs and arms which were covered in old and new bruises which have never healed.

It's the worst condition I've seen myself in.

It finally dawned on me that after I took two Advil at five in the morning I didn't wait the appropriate amount of hours before taking two more. Maybe that wasn't such a good idea, but being in my tired haze I forgot about the first two.

I brushed my teeth and examined my back and arms in the mirror, almost shedding a tear because of my beautiful skin being tainted with bruises and ugly scars. I was ugly.

I wiped my eyes and left, going back to lay with Sebastian. He was staring at the ceiling and he looked at me.

"Did I wake you up?" I asked.

"No," he said, lifting up the covers for me.

"Okay good," I smiled and laid down, thinking about how soon, I would eventually have to go back to the hospital. It hurt to even lay down.

"I heard you throw up," Sebastian said.

"I'm fine," I said.

"Are you sure about that?" He asked.

I nodded. My chin was quivering.

"So, we're going to Denver today?" He asked, changing the subject. Thank God. If I had to talk about being sick anymore I would break down.

"That sounds nice. Making our way back to New York?" I asked.

"Yeah, we probably should. We're running out of money and your parents are probably worried sick about you. We'll take our sweet time going back though, don't worry."

"Okay, sounds good to me." I kissed his cheek. My eyelids became heavy and I slowly drifted off into a deep sleep.

***

"We're here!" Sebastian's happy voice filled the car as I woke up. It was dark, the city lights shining on his face like in a movie.

My stomach felt really bad like it would explode, my neck was sore and all my limbs and muscles ached so bad I winced as I adjusted my sitting position. My eye was lagging as I turned my head, it took a few seconds for my sight to follow, everything seemed to be in slow motion.

And despite all that, I smiled and rejoiced happily with Sebastian. He couldn't know how sick I am.

"You look pale, are you sure you're okay?" He asked again.

"Yes, I'm okay. Just really tired. Can we find a hotel or something?" I asked.

He nodded but I could tell we were running very low on money and that staying in a hotel would put a dent in the last of our savings.

"Sebastian, how much money do we have left?"

"Maybe... around $250?"

"That's all? We had about $5000 when we started," I said.

"Well money goes fast," he sighed.

"If we want to get home in one piece we have to start sleeping in the car and start eating soup again," I sighed.

"Agreed, tonight will be the last night we use a hotel."

"Okay," I said.

After driving around for a bit and taking a few wrong turns, we finally found a place to stay and went inside. Sebastian booked a room for one night and we headed toward our room. He started running and I started chasing him.

"Hey! Don't go anywhere I can't follow!" I yelled, laughing. He chuckled and stopped, kissing my forehead.

"I would never."

Sebastian and I stared at each other for a few minutes, just taking in each other's beauty, before going into our room.

It was really bland looking with old blue carpet and beige walls and bed coverings. It smelled sort of old, like mothballs, but I was just so tired and exhausted that I didn't care what bed I slept in.

I felt my legs become weak and give out. My vision started to blur but I tried to let it pass, grabbing the wall beside me and placing a hand on my head.

I breathed in deep and closed my eyes, but when I opened them my vision was completely blurred.

"Luna?"

***

a/n:

Please vote and comment if you did, love you all sm. Thanks for 1.1K. 💞💞💞

 💞💞💞