(Chapter 15) Paint

Elena's POV

While we walked we passed by a painting that caught my eye, including Klaus's. It was a painting of spring. All the leaves were around and the trees were starting to grow. There was a beautiful flower that sprung up the ground.

On the corner it said NK Mikaelson in cursive writing. My mouth dropped open.

"Oh my gosh did you paint this?" I ask in awe.

He smiled. "I painted it a couple years ago and this art museum bought it from me."

"It's beautiful. I didn't know you painted." I say, admiring the painting.

"I've been painting since I was young. It was fun for me and it helped distract me from everything. I can show you my studio at home." He answered.

"Distract you from what?" I ask.

"My father, Mikael. He chased Rebekah, my brother, and I for many years. He wanted to kill me, he didn't like us Rebekah and Elijah sticking up with me because I wasn't his son. Rebekah's my half sister but she's been with me ever since. As for Mikael he's dead now but for years he abused us as a child and chased us for for years trying to kill me."

I hugged him and whispered, "I'm sorry."

"It's alright, it was centuries ago. He's gone." He whispered back.

I pulled away and I placed my head on his shoulder as we continued walking and as our hands intertwined.

.•*.•*.•*

When we got home I went upstairs to change. I wore my comfy beige sweater and my black shorts.

I had fun today but I felt bad for what happened to Klaus. I tried not to think of it and remembered that he said he'd show me his studio.

I was going to knock on his door but it was left half opened. I stopped breathing.

He was shirtless.

Sadly he wasn't facing me so I couldn't see his abs but he turned and grabbed a grey v-neck shirt from his dresser.

When he finished changing I shoved my head pass the door.

"Hi." I say.

He smiled at me. "So, what brings you here?" He asked.

"You said you'd show me your studio." I reply.

"Oh right. Come on." He says as he gestured me to another room downstairs.

He opened the door to a fancy room with paintings hung on the walls. There were also black and gold curtains that hung on the corners, a big glass window and glass doors that led to the terrace. It was amazing.

There was a long table filled with paints, brushes, and canvases.

"Oh my god. I didn't know you were this talented. These are beautiful." I say referring to all the paintings on the wall.

"Thank you." He replies.

"Can you teach me how to paint something? All I can paint is a cloud."

He laughs.

"Sure. Come here and grab a brush." He says.

There was an empty canvas standing on a long table that was attached to the wall like a counter and fancy stools in front if it. Klaus sat on one of the chairs and I grabbed a paintbrush.

There were more chairs but I sat on Klaus's lap. He smirked at me and reached for the paint palette on the table and filled it with paints.

Then he touched my hand and guided it toward the dark blue paint and held to my hand as we shaded the top of the canvas. His other hand was wrapped on my waist while I was on his lap.

By the time we were done, the painting was an umbrella left in a puddle while it was raining with lightning.

I studied the painting and realized that it was kind of like Klaus left by himself under the rain and sadness.

I felt bad for him but I was happy that he wasn't like that anymore. He smiled at me because we finished it. I returned the smile. I stood up and placed the brush in a cup filled with water and I got the canvas and left it near the opened window to dry.

"Thank you. That was fun. Maybe we can do it again sometime."

"Your welcome Elena."

"You know you're really talented. I'm kind of jealous."

"Well I'm sure you are talented in something as well."

"I can eat a tub of IceCream." I bragged.

He chuckled and we walked out of the studio after turning the lights off.

Klaus came back to his room. I was gonna head to mine but even if we already ate, I was hungry. I walked to the kitchen and made two hot chocolates with whip cream and marshmallows.

I knocked on Klaus's door and he said, "Come in."

"Made hot chocolate." I said holding the two mugs.

He smiled and I sat on the edge of his bed and gave it to him. We just sat there watching TV after finishing our hot chocolates. Then he wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me closer. I felt myself blush.

I turned my head from the TV to his face and he smiled.

I kissed him. It was quick but it was gentle and passionate.

We continued watching the horror movie until I couldn't take it anymore. I buried my head in his chest and he took the blanket from underneath and placed it on top of us.

He stroked my hair gently and kissed my forehead. I didn't care about the movie anymore, I slept with my head on his chest as the horror movie played.

Klaus's POV

I knew it already. I loved her.

Author's Note

Hope you guys liked this chapter. I really had fun making this scene. Vote and Comment! <3

Thnx for reading!