Soulmates and Cellmates

Description: There were a lot of things Barry had expected when he went to prison, getting a cellmate was not one of them.

Set post, 'Trial of the Flash.'

This is pretty much a crackfic.
I've stared at this for so long (and accidentally deleted it, rewrote it, and stared at it some more) I don't even know if it's a good story anymore. It's either gonna come across as funny or just plain weird. So I'm just gonna post it and see what happens. lol

Also, I'd like to thank you guys for your reviews and comments, they mean so much to me. Thank you all for sticking with me through this trash fire of a one-shot book. You guys rock!

...

Caitlin had expected a lot of things when she went to visit Barry in prison. She had expected the sad, hollow look in his eyes, she had expected it would be hard for her to see him like that. She had even expected him to be unshaven.

However, what she had not expected was the large bruise beneath his eye. Or the scrapes on his cheek for that matter.

The moment Caitlin saw it, a frown settled on her features. It also ignited a spark of anger within her, one that made the blood in her veins feel just a little bit colder.

The guards sat Barry down and cuffed him, before retreating to their designated corners of the room

"Hey," Caitlin spoke as they both picked up the phones.

"Hi," Barry greeted with a smile, despite everything.

It always amazed her how he managed to do that. How even in the face of chaos and insurmountable odds, he always managed to give her a smile. Caitlin returned the gesture, though she doubted it quite met her eyes.

"What happened?" She inquired, glancing at the bruise.

"It's nothing," Barry assured, "I'm fine."

Caitlin gave him a troubled look.

"It's just something that happened in the courtyard earlier," he admitted quietly. "The other inmates don't like me very much. But I guess that's not surprising since I used to work for the police.

"Plus they think I murdered an old man in a wheelchair, so that's definitely not scoring me any browny points." He added with a slight chuckle.

Caitlin's frown only deepened.

"I'm fine," Barry repeated. "Besides, I heal pretty quickly remember?" He added with a mischievous glint in his eyes.

Caitlin knew that. She knew that nothing the other inmates could do would have a lasting effect, but it still bothered her. What bothered her more was that he let them do this to him. She knew he could dodge every punch thrown at him, he could incapacitate an entire courtyard of inmates before any of them could blink. But he wouldn't. He would sit there and take the abuse for the sake of his secret. For Iris and Joe's sake, for all their sakes.

"I know," Caitlin answered, "But still." She added fiddling with her sleeve.

"By the way," Caitlin changed the subject, slipping into a more professional tone. "How have you been eating?"

"Okay, I guess," Barry replied, "I've only fainted a couple times today," he spoke nonchalantly.

"Barry Allen," Caitlin blurted, primed for a lecture.

However, she was cut off by the speedster's laughs.

"I'm just kidding, but the look on your face was priceless," Barry grinned, his shoulders shaking with mirth.