Chapter 1

Natalia's P.O.V.

"Lizzy," I whispered to my red-haired cousin, "Lizzy wake up!"

"Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat," she said in a whiny tone.

"Something strange is happening," I said in response.

"What do you mean," she asked.

"I'm not su-" I was cut off by my mother and aunt walking into the room.

"Girls you have to leave," my mother said in a fragile voice.

"Why?" Lizzy asked sitting up confused.

"It's for your safety my love," my aunt said in a less fragile voice.

"There is a rabbit hole that will take you to England in the land above," my mother said grabbing a suitcase from under my bed, packing it with new, less regal clothing such as leggings, jeans, tee shirts, tank tops, coats, cardigans, shorts, jumpers, joggers, skirts, dresses and all sorts of shoes.

"We will join you as soon as we can," Aunt Rassie said packing Lizzy's suitcase.

"Will the white rabbit take us or will you?" I asked my voice as dainty as my mother's.

"Yes, the white rabbit will take you," my mother said kissing my forehead as the white rabbit walked in pointing to his pocket watch.

"Bye mum," Lizzy said giving her mother a hug, tears running down her face as she stood from her bed and walked to the door.

"Love you mummy," I said, slowly walking to the door, a lump in my throat.

"I love you too," our mothers called to us in unison.

We walked in silence behind the white rabbit, tears streaked Lizzy's face and sadness wiped across my face but I did not cry. I felt a cool breeze on my neck and looked to my side, it was Ches. I didn't say anything and just looked at him sadly, he returned the look and disappeared into thin air, leaving no toothy grin behind. We walked on some more, I looked back every so often and saw my palace home disappearing behind the trees and giant mushrooms. Lizzy glanced at me, still crying. I wanted to tell her everything would be fine but I couldn't. I felt a hot tear roll down my face and quickly wiped my cheek clean of the tear drop. The white rabbit looked back to make sure we were still behind him, I gave him a meek smile and he turned back around. He suddenly stopped and put up one of his fore paws to signal us to stop.

"Here," He said as he tapped the ground with his foot.

"What's here?" I questioned.

"The hole your highness," He replied and thumped his foot twice.

A hole opened up like a gaping mouth waiting for food. He gestured with his head as if to say jump. Lizzy looked at me then to the rabbit and opened her mouth to say something but stopped herself.

"I'll go first if you want," I said putting my hand on her shoulder.

"Okay," She replied.

"Quickly girls there isn't much time," rabbit said pointing to his pocket watch.

I sat in the dirt and slid into the hole I let out a scream as I fell and then heard Lizzy behind me screaming. Our screams were a mix of delight, fear and sadness. Lizzy let out a little laughter when we landed. We were in a room with a dirt floor...or ceiling, I wasn't quite sure which. I looked at the hole we had just fallen through which was now on the ceiling which looked like a checkerboard and the walls were made of dirt and rock.

"Look over there," Lizzy said pointing, "It must be the other hole!"

I looked over to where she pointed and saw the hole, "Yes, it must be."

We stood up and walked over to the hole. I lied on the ground and put my hand through and pulled myself out. I looked around and then helped Lizzy.

We were no longer in wonderland. This was a schoolyard.