C H A P T E R 14

Michael Dominick "Nick" Klavin is a notorious master urban mafia kingpin who specializes in the fields of smuggling, crime-ring interrogation, trickery, bamboozlement and swindling in the Greater Metropolitan Los Angeles Area.

When Nick Klavin steals $900 billion worth of Andrew Klavin's thriller-based hardcover fiction titles, Frank Merriman, P.I. looks to the California Federal Mafia for stolen treasures.

Simon, one of Trigger Happy Frank's nemeses at Merriman Investigations, has been staring at the great Nick Klavin for some time. The California Federal Mafia's notorious chief executive and executive henchman, Arthur "The Bamboozle" Drake, Jr., says, "I am walking through novelist Andrew Klavin's mansion for some time now. Trigger Happy Frank, Simon, Dave Merriman, P.I. and Wade the Blade are under fire from the FBI to cross-investigate the evidence.

"To my clients who have been working with Frank Merriman, P.I. during his tenure as the founder of Merriman Investigations should Nick swindle while stealing Klavin's thrillers in the bestselling thriller author's mansion."

As Nick holds a .44 caliber semi-automatic revolver hand gun in his right hand, Art Drake, Jr. warns, "Stop shooting me right now!"

"Better yet," says Nick, "when Detective Merriman arrives in the Klavin Mansion, be sure to chase me if you can!"

"You're what?" asks Art.

"For yo' info, Mr. Drake, Jr., always fire bullets at the mob!" answers Nick.

Says Art: "Always convince Detective Frank 'Trigger Happy' Merriman to interrogate the case."

The shooting begins when Art goes after Nick as he fires bullets at each other and runs through the entire mansion. Nick and Art fire blanks at the possessions inside the Klavin Mansion, and, as always, the two mafia leaders attack themselves and chase around the mansion where the great Andrew Klavin lives and writes fiction.

"You urban mafia bastard!" yells Art.

"Get me out in 90 seconds," Nick warns Art Drake, Jr., "or I'll infiltrate you!"

Trigger Happy Frank and his son Scott hurry to drive the convertible luxury sports coupe to the Klavin Mansion, racing to gun down Nick Klavin

"Got ya!" shouts Frank.

"Let's git M. Dominick Klavin!"

Bang!

Frank shoots Nick Klavin three times and grabs Art, Jr. by the right hand.

The Merrimans carry Art over to the four-door Mercedes-Benz luxury motor car and maneuvers the suspect over to Merriman Investigations headquarters.

"Art Drake, Jr., let's hunt for stolen treasure," Frank reacts.

"Gee," says Art. "The California Federal Mafia is interrogating what happen to M. Dominick Klavin when he got caught in the urban-mafia crossfire."

"Right, yo' infiltrate the California Federal Mafia when Scott and I look for the next fugitive to go after us," Trigger Happy Frank debates. "Mainly when shove comes to push the boundaries of the California Federal Mafia and its member gangsters."

"What the hell is g***g on?" asks Frank

Scott shouts, "Please help my father hunt Paul Hatfield down to a pulp! Beat him up!"

Art tells Scott and his Father Trigger Happy Frank, "This weapon against the mob is going to fire all the California Federal Mafia hit men with bullets being shot at them all. Frank, I'm carrying a top-secret semi-automatic revolver hand gun so I could fire blanks at the great Mr. Hatfield and get Paul caught in a deadly web of deception, greediness and frankness within the California Federal Mafia and their crack team of mobster officers."

"Raise the convertible luxury sports coupe!" warns Frank.

Sen. Barrington, for which Trigger Happy Frank is going after him, confronts, "Better find one of the Merriman Investigations henchmen to search for Hatfield before he goes after Frank!"

Art shoots a bullet at the windshield while Sen. Barrington is driving his 4-door sedan.

Meanwhile, Officer Roderick Higgins, one of the Los Angeles Police Department's well-managed law enforcement henchmen, has told his fellow law enforcement cronies to act fast on Art "The Bamboozle" Drake, Jr.'s attemt to assassinate M. Dominick Klavin.

"Damn!" says Officer Higgins.

"Dave Merriman would have solved the case of Nick Klavin, the mob's most notorious public enemy and the embodiment of the California Federal Mafia."

So has been Wade the Blade.

"Inspector Sam Klavin, Jr., I want to introduce to you the great Detective Franklin 'Trigger Happy' Merriman," greets Officer Higgins.

As Trigger Happy Frank and his son Scott arrive at the LAPD's main precinct, he shakes Officer Higgins' and Inspector Samuel Murray Klavin, Jr.'s right hands with their atom joy buzzers.

"Whoa!" yells Trigger Happy Frank.

"You're in charge," replies Inspector Klavin, Jr.