Three

The next morning, I woke up to the sound of light knocking at my bedroom window. I get up and rub my eyes. I quickly fix my face and hair and open the window.

"Stanley? What are you doing here?" I say, looking at the panting boy.

"My house. 10 minutes." He says, in between breaths.

"Do you want to stay here, Stan?"

He shakes his head. "No, I have to go get Eddie as well. See you soon, Jack."

I get my hairbrush and brush through my hair. I put it in a bun and find another outfit for the days shenanigans. (Below)

I skip down to the kitchen, and I drop a bottle of Coke inside

"Bye, Henry!" I call from the front door.

I hear running. "Jack, wait up!" Henry says.

"Yeah?" I hum, zipping my bag shut.

"Where are you going?"

"Just B-Beverly's."

"Oh. Was that Beverly tapping on your window? I didn't realize she dyed her hair brown." Henry crosses his arms. "Are you hanging out with those Losers?"

"What if I am, Henry?"

"I don't want you becoming one of them, Jackie."

"Piss off, Henry. We're just hanging out."

"Yeah, if hanging out means sucking face."

I flip him off and walk out of the house. I pick up my bike and speed over to Stanley's.

I see the Losers sitting on Stan's porch. I'm so out of breath that I unzip my bag and grasp my inhaler. I shake it up and pump it into my lungs.

They all stop talking when they hear the hiss of my inhaler.

"Hey, Jack," Richie says, standing up. I walk over to him and hug him. Mike wolf whistles and I chuckle.

"Since when are you two dating?" Eddie asks, confused.

"We aren't dating," I say, releasing Richie. "I've had a bad morning.

Stan laughs. "What, Richie wasn't there to kiss you good morning?"

"Fuck off."

Richie leans over in my ear, whispering, "You're turning into a trashmouth, Jack."

I let a grin escape from my lips and nod. He elbows me in the shoulder.

"What'd you j-just say?" Bill inquires.

"He said my tits look nice," I say, cold.

They're all wide-eyed.

"So, why am I here?" I ask.

"It's Bev. She needs us at her apartment." Stan says, worriedly.

We all bike over, talking.