• seven •

// anywhere we could go, mills, and you chose mcdonalds? //

millie bit into her chicken nugget, tapping her fingers on the counter as she swirled it in her barbecue sauce.

finn took a bite of a fry, amusement showing on his face.

"anywhere we could go, mills, and you chose McDonald's?"

millie giggled as she sipped her soda and ate a fry.

"well yeah."

he sighed. "any other places you want to go?"

millie smiled. "what about the book store?"

finn raised an eyebrow.  "the book store?"

millie sighed dreamily. "yeah, the smell of new books is like my favorite smell in the world."

finn smiled as millie finished her food, dusting off her hands with a smile, and sat up, dumping her food in the trash.

"you're the best fake boyfriend ever," she said with a smile, kissing his cheek and taking his hand.

finn winced a little at the fake, but smiled as she got in the car and buckled up.

"time for the book store!" she squealed.

he sighed and pulled out, glancing over at the beautiful girl every one in a while.

she smiled slightly, noticing him staring at her out of the corner of her eye, and propped her feet up on the dashboard.

"hey!" finn snapped playfully.

millie rolled her eyes. "don't piss me off. i just forgave you."

he bit his lip as she giggled lightly, closing her eyes as the radio thrummed around her.

"pretty blue eyes can i get your name, yeah i'm sorry for staring.." millie sang softly along.

millie frowned as her phone started to ring, and she picked it up, and finn turned down the radio as millie's face grew worried.

"grace? you okay babe?" she asked, hearing the sniffles coming from the phone.

"millie- it's - my mom..."

millie frowned as she thought of grace's mom. she was a bitch to everyone.

"what's wrong?"

"she - she... she - she had a heart attack, millie."

millie's brown eyes widened. finn looked at her in worry. "is everything okay?"

"grace- is she?"

grace's sobs echoed over the phone. "she's gone, millie. my mom... she's dead."

as much as millie hated grace's mom, she still felt really bad. even though she was horrible, she was still her mom.

"i'll be right there," millie said quickly.

grace choked out an "okay," and hung up the phone while millie told finn what happened.

millie got a text, and ignored it as finn sped to grace's house.

they arrived, and millie threw herself out of the car, slamming the door behind her as her feet pounded on the concrete, running to the front door and opening it swiftly, following the sobs to grace's bedroom.

she sat in bed, hair and makeup a wreck, tissues everywhere, tucked into a pile of blankets with maddie next to her.

"grace," millie panted.