0.3

maybe we exist to bleed. maybe we exist to burn.

"Has he called?" 

Jungkook looks up, dark eyes locking on mine and soft lips in a thin line. His fingers circle the rim of his coffee mug and he shakes his head, body hunched down as his elbow rests on the pinewood table. 

"Do you want to talk about it?" I find myself asking, knowing Jungkook probably won't want to utter a word. 

Again, he shakes his head. 

"Jungkook, I know you're not the best at talking about emotional stuff but this was big-- I mean you need to have an outlet for all the sadness you know?" 

His eyes gently flutter down to his coffee mug, "Who says I'm sad?"

"You're always at my apartment, sleeping in, missing classes just to avoid him-"

"I'm not avoiding him," Jungkook cuts me off, "I'm just-- giving him space."

My hands let go of the glass mason jar and I lean in, gently pushing it to the side, "Jungkook. You have to be honest with yourself. That's the only way you'll get through this." 

He looks back up again, his hands slowly retreating from the rim of his mug, "And what am I supposed to do? I can't think of him without feeling like screaming. This fucking sucks." 

"I know." My voice comes out quiet, "But you can't ignore life until you feel better." 

"I know but, I just need some time, yeah? I promise I'll start classes again next week. Can I just have this week off?" 

My hands encircle around the mason jar and I bring it up to my lips, "Fine. But only because I get it." 

I take a sip when my eyes catch a familiar face suddenly entering the cafe with a group of people behind him. Fuck. This world is just too small. 

"Ara?" Jungkook snaps me out of my daze and makes the familiar face turn to face me, his eyebrows furrowing in confusion. 

I turn to Jungkook then, slowly noticing Taehyung making his way over to me. 

"I hate you," I mumble, putting the mason jar down. 

Jungkook's eyebrows furrow and he holds his hands out before Taehyung appears before us, a small grin on his nude pink lips. 

"Soo Ara. Nice to see you again." 

My blood runs cold. I can see Jungkok's eyes fall down on me, but I keep my eyes on Taehyung's, finding that I can't look away. 

"Why is it that I keep seeing you everywhere? Are you stalking me?"

He chuckles, "Maybe. Or maybe it's just the universe trying to get me to be your friend again." 

"What are you doing here?" I ask, deciding to change the subject before Taehyung makes an opportunity to flirt.

"Just getting some coffee with some friends." He turns his neck towards the group ordering at the cash register and that's when I see it.