{Chapter.30}

Alex picking me up in the morning has become the new norm now.

"Good morning Sunshine!" Alex smiled at me.

I was not in a happy mood, I was sleepy, my best friend is in the hospital and Nathan called me and left me with a bunch of damn riddles to figure out. Why did he even care if Lia was in the hospital? If he didn't care about her before what the hell was there to care about?

"Alex, do you know anything going on between Nathan and Lia?" I asked.

"Well a good morning back would have been nice." He huffed as he drove off.

"Shut up and answer the question." I rolled my eyes.

"Well I know there is a hatred going on between them." He said slowly.

"But are they like keeping a secret or something?" I pushed on.

"I don't know what kind of secret?" He asked curiously.

"I don't know, could she be......you know...........pregnant?" I asked and looked away.

There was silence in the car as I looked out the window. I turned to look at Alex and I noticed him shaking his head.

"Clarity she told me not to tell you this but I guess I should." He sighed.

My eyes began to grow wide as I stared at him.

"Lia can't get pregnant." He said.

...
...
...
Well that wasn't what I was expecting to hear.

"How the hell do you know that?" I snapped.

We pulled up in front of the school and he turnes to me.

"Well one day we were talking and she was saying how when she got married she wantes to get pregnant to still experience what its like being a mother carrying her child and she wanted to use me whatever because Im such a handsome guy." He smirked at me.

"Of course though it wouldn't be through sex, they got medical things for that, a couple months later she came back from having a doctor visit and she told me they said she was infertile. She didn't tell me how exactly but she was heartbroken." He said sadly.

"Lia wanted to get pregnant when she got married?" I asked more so to myself.

"Yup, I think we were talking about growing up and having kids and she told me that." He stated.

"Cecelia Summers wants to carry a human baby inside of her?" I asked fascinated.

"No she wants to carry a damn alien baby." Alex rolled his eyes.

She couldn't have her own children, that must be the most heartbreaking thing any woman has to hear.

"So then what was Nathan talking about?" I asked more so to myself but Alex heard me.

"He was probably just being stupid and wanted to mess with you." He shrugged.

I guess he's right.

We both got out the car and immediately Alex was attacked lovingly by Abigail. I watched as he caught her in an embrace and held on to her tightly.

Must be nice.

I started getting jealous so I walked into the school building, preparing myself to be in school without Lia.

~
~
~
~
It was now lunch time but I decided to stay a little longer in my class just to make sure I got all the notes. When Lia woke up I needed to make sure she got all the work so she would be able to graduate.

"Clarity are you not coming to lunch?" I looked up to see Alex in the doorway.

"Im coming now, I just needed to finish some stuff up, do you have a stamp?" I asked him as I quickly rushed everything into my bag.

"Yeah why?" He asked as he grabbed my bag from me and slung it over his shoulder.

"I need to mail in Lia's transcript for her college." I said.

We walked into the lunch room and there sat Abigail, Amelia and Justin Pike surprisingly.

"Justin what are you doing over here?" Alex asked as we sat down.

"I just want to get some things straight, you and Clarity aren't dating right?" He asked seriously.

"Ew no." We both said at the same time.

"And you're not fucking each other right?" He asked.

"No we definitely aren't." Alex said as he wrapped his arm around Abigail's waist.

Justin put his hands up in defense.

"There are just some rumors going around the school, I wanted to see if they were true." He got up and walked away from the table.

"Clarity is Lia alright? I heard what happened" Amelia asked.

"Great is that going around the school too?" I rolled my eyes and snapped.

"No my mother is a doctor and she's the one that looked at Lia." She said in a duh tone.

"Oh I'm sorry Amelia." I said embarrassingly.

"It's fine, I know how often you tend to make assumptions." She smiled at me innocently.

Sometimes Amelia had no filter and was a little too truthful.

"Clarity are you going with us after school to the hospital?" Abigail asked.

"Yes." I smiled.

Abigail reminded me so much of Lia they could be twins, it saddened me because she reminded me how much I missed Lia.

~
~
~

"Come you two hurry up!" I screamed as I jetted through the schools halls and raced outside as the bell rang, signaling that school was over.

I ran towards Alex's car and tried to open the door but he didn't unlock it yet.

"Calm down Clarity she isn't going anywhere." Alex snickeref as they approached the car.

I dove into the back seat as he unlocked the car and stared out the window. I thought about Lia and I relationship on the way to the hospital. I was going to treat her better.

I didn't want Lia to be my bestfriend, I wanted her to also be my girlfriend. I didn't want to hide my feelings anymore.

I wanted her.

I needed her in my life.

We approached the hospital and I jumped out of the car as soon as Alex parked.

"Hi we are visiting Cecelia Summers." I said to the lady at the front desk.

She asked for our names and we were took to the hall where Lia's room was.

There sat in front of the room was Lia's mother and the doctor who I assumed was Amelia's mother because she looked just like her.

She noticed us approaching and quickly walked back into the room as more nurses began to fill the room.

"Mom what's wrong, is Lia alright?" Abigail asked worriedly.

"Did you know that Lia was pregnant?" Mrs. Summers asked all of us.

Alex and I both looked at each other in bewilderment.