7: Vampires

(YN) felt like all the strength in her body was being sapped away as she became limp in Shin's arms, who still continued to suck on her blood. She was weakly gripping on his shirt, a sign telling him to stop as she was too weak to push, and no words could get out of her mouth.

She was on the verge of losing consciousness when Shin retracted his fangs from her neck. Blood dripped from his lips, down to his chin and soon on the neckline of his shirt, as he stared at (YN) who was slowly drifting off to oblivion.

Before she could close her eyes, she caught a glimpse of Shin's red eyes slowly turning back into amber and his regretful expression, as he slowly lay her down on her bed.

~~~

(YN) felt a searing pain in her head when she awoke. She didn't move, but she guessed she'd been out for not too long. Very little sunlight seeped in through the gap of her curtains, and even then, her house was still very dark.

She slowly sat up, her hand pressing on to one side of her head. After the dizziness had gone away, memories of what had happened before she passed out started filling in her blank mind. This caused her to look around her surroundings in alarm.

"Y-you're awake..." Her head snapped at the direction of the soft voice. There she found Shin, sitting alone in a dark corner of her room. His back was on the wall, his legs spread out, and his head hung low. He looked almost vulnerable.

She stood up from her bed, wanting to approach him. However, before she could even take a step towards the direction of the male, a searing pain went through her head again, causing her to sit back down as she pressed a palm to her forehead.

Shin took notice of this, and his body slightly shifted in concern for the girl. He wanted to check on her. His eyes showed both pain and worry, yet he was too afraid to come close to her knowing what he'd done and what he could do again.

"I'm...sorry," was all that he could manage, his voice still low and quiet. His expression mixed of guilt and pain, as he blamed himself for the girl's current condition. 

(YN) tried to suppress the pain. She could still feel the slight throbbing of her head but it wasn't too strong to keep her from talking and thinking clearly.

"You're....a vampire." It was a statement. Her straightforwardness caused Shin to wince.

He lifted his head, his eyes meeting (YN)'s who was on the other corner of the room, still on her bed.

"I am."

"How...?"

He could feel that she wasn't afraid, yet why? He could only sense that she was genuinely curious and wanted answers.

"It's a long story." He sighed, finally getting up. He didn't know if he should feel glad. Shin thought she'd run away when she came to. Yet here she is, calmly sitting down. She wasn't afraid of him.

"I...I didn't know vampires could exist." She whispered, looking down.

"Well now you do." Shin spat back unintentionally, his voice of sarcasm. It seems despite everything else that had happened, Shin still retained the same foul attitude he had. His words shocked him as well. After all, he still felt guilty of what he did towards (YN)

"I'm sorry," He quickly added. "it's just--" he groaned, messing his hair. "It's too hard to explain."

"I have the whole day," the female gestured towards her window. Despite the curtains, it was evident that the sun was up outside.

"If the vampire books I've read before are correct, then vampires cannot go out at light. Can they?" She grinned. She knows she's won.

Shin sighed, and grabbed a chair to sit directly in front of (YN). "Fine, but before anything else, I get to ask a question first."

(YN) tilted her head in confusion, yet didn't argue. Shin looked at her, his sharp, serious eyes meeting with hers. They were a beautiful amber, not red.

"Why aren't you afraid of me?"

(YN) didn't answer right away in which caused Shin to feel anxious. She held a hand under her chin, seeming to ponder over an answer.

"Actually...I was, at first." She admitted, causing a little pain to spark in Shin's chest. "But then, you're not actually a bad person, are you? If you wanted to kill me, you would have, a long time ago when I lost consciousness."

Shin's eyes widened in surprise, he couldn't deny that he felt glad upon what he would assume was acceptance coming from this girl. She is the first to know about his secret.

Or the first to know about it and accept him, at least.

"Now, enough about this. You own me a story. How are you....a vampire?"

Shin averted his gaze downwards. "My family and I didn't know about it at first, not until I started craving for...b-blood,"

"My mother fell in-love with a vampire, yet she didn't know about it. After getting her pregnant, he left her."

~flashback~

"Happy birthday to you~"

The azure haired boy awoke to see a woman in her mid-30s, holding a small candle lit cake as she continued to gently sing the birthday song. A soft smile was plastered on her face as she stood before her once sleeping boy.

"Goodmorning, Shin!"

Today, he was turning 12 years-old. On every birthday, his mother would wake him up with a greeting. Today was another one of those days.

With a huge grin, he sat up from his bed and blew the candles as his mother held the cake out to him.

"What would you like to do today?" His mother asked.

The boy pondered, "Hmmm....I want to go to the farm!"

She chuckled, "Why there?"

"I want to see Grandpa!"

~~~~~~

"A MONSTER! NO! STAY AWAY!"

The mother shrieked, as she held a knife before her. She trembled, her eyes reflecting nothing but disgust and fear.

"M-mom...? No....no..." the boy's eyes were welling with tears, yet he stumbled towards the woman he loved. The woman who took care of him. "Mom...w-what's happening?" he choked on his cries. He wanted to hug her, he wanted comfort.

He looked around him, pleading for help from the family who took care of him. His aunts, his cousins, his grandparent. Yet all of them backed away, resenting him.

They did not want the boy who was bathed in blood. Blood that came from when he fed on his vulnerable Grandfather.

He killed him.

"M-mom...I got really thirsty and I....I don't know what--"

He was confused, he was afraid. What was wrong? What had happened?

"A MONSTER! YOU KILLED HIM! GET AWAY FROM US! GET AWAY FROM US NOW!"

"YOU ARE CURSED!"

"WHAT CREATURE ARE YOU?! THE GODS HAVE CURSED ME! YOU ARE NOT MY SON!"

Shin's breathing became heavier, his chest rapidly heaving up and down as he once again, looked around him.

Fingers were accusingly pointed at him. Harsh voices filled his ears, his whole system. Most of all,

their eyes.

Shin turned back. He turned back, and ran. He ran, the farthest his legs could take him. He can never come back.

No one is there for him.