Chapter 1 - Riley

© 2012 Dusk2Dawn. All rights reserved

The Love Triangle

No part of this story may be reproduced, duplicated or copied in any way. The storyline, the credit, the plot, and every word of this book belongs to the author, please respect that. Thank you.

Note to readers: Please excuse any mistakes and how silly some concepts may seem as I wrote this when I was very young and inexperienced. This book is also unedited so some parts may not flow with other parts as some changes may have been made later on but not consistently. I hope to edit after completing all three so I hope you all excuse these issues for now. Hope you like it! =D

I looked through the window, crouching down and peeping over my magazine. It was the first day of the one week summer holiday and it was a nice day out what with all trees, which had healthy emerald leaves, that swayed to the rhythm of the wind. The sky was so clear and blue that it felt like the whole of the human race, animals and insects felt like there were too open to the world above.

But of course, that was nothing compared to him. He was my neighbor, my very hot neighbor, and also happened to be my crush... incase you haven't noticed already. I've liked him ever since I was 8 for god's sake! Now I'm 17, and I still have feelings for the angel of a boy.

Naturally, he was one of the 'populars'. Yeah, well I guess all of the girls wanted him, and maybe I was one of them but I so didn't act like them. I mean, they just touch him up thinking he likes it, but he doesn't do anything and it's not because he enjoys it or anything, he just doesn't care what they think of him.

And just because he was one of the populars, doesn't mean that he was mean or anything, he was actually really kind and sweet... when he wanted to be. I mean, don't get me wrong, normally he was a lovely person but if something offends him or anything... well, let's just say he gets defensive.

He was really clever and top of the class, but there's just one thing that he doesn't realise... me!

Everyone says that we are like perfect for eachother, at first I just ignored them, but then I started to think what it would be like if we were together. Then I found the truth in their words.

He was everything I wanted. Kind, sweet, caring, a gentleman. I've known him for a long time but the only thing I've ever been was a friend. Not that I'd know if he wanted to change that. We weren't close, but good friends.

It was like we were made for eachother though, which we definitely were, but he doesn't see it... or maybe he does but doesn't want to admit his feelings for me. Oh I don't know, even after reading all these boy magazines!

Well anyway, he was there sitting on the swing of his garden, reading something. The sunlight lay on his dirty blonde hair while his eyes scanned the pages in deep concentration. He was wearing some old jeans and some shirt that looked like he randomly threw on, but he looked flawless. I was curiously looking at the book he was reading, trying to look at the title but then suddenly, as I looked up towards his face, his eyes were on me.

I immediately dropped down to the floor, praying that he didn't recognize me when I knew inside that he did. I lay on the floor, looking up at the ceiling, my heart sending waves of blood around my body. I held the magazine close to my chest, trying to calm myself down with a shaky deep breath which sounded like I was breathing down jagged rocks.

Oh. My. God.

I stared shock still staring up at the ceiling, trying to remember how I ended up so lucky to actually know him.

"Scar! Scar!" my brother's voice became more louder and louder as I returned back to earth. Little Jamie here was just around 12 or 13 years old, he had light brown hair and his eyes were full of irritation which little kids tend to have when big sister were annoying them.