MISTAKE

Surprise! I feel bad for the cliffhanger, so...

•••••••

C H A P T E R T W E N T Y

E L E N A H A R T

••••••••

GULPING IN A nervous lump that settled in my throat, I was lost for words.

Sebastian's peppermint breath fanned down my face as a hand rested on the counter top, directly next to my body which rested against the slab of marble.

"You look-" He repeated after still not finishing off sentence which caused me to be stuck in such a state. "Perfect." The world itself struck something within me.

Perfect. I thought to myself, the word repeating itself in my mind as I was unsure on how to respond.

Was I really?

Even after speaking what seemed to have cross his mind, Sebastian grabbed a beer, mirroring my 'party trick' and grinning as his eyes scanned over my face.

Sebastian took a long and refreshing sip, humming in approval at the taste and after a moment of appreciating everything about the beverage, he placed it down with a clink onto the marble top.

Due to such close proximity, I was able to smell his cologne and take in his features up close.

And I could safely say my heart rate had sped up even more and now I hadn't clue on what I was going to do.

But one thing that hadn't crossed my mind was how I was going to get out of this situation. That thought was nowhere to be found.

And so it wasn't considered an option.

Yet again, a thick silence surrounded us as neither of us spoke.

Our eyes did all the talking instead. Mines were fixated onto his lips and his were scanning over my expression with sheer confusion.

Forget about your wants. I'd suddenly found myself thinking.

And then I remembered Alissa's words. 'But him being with someone that's not you. Is that what you need.'

For a mere moment, I truly did think of throwing my wants out the window and sticking with my needs.

And what I needed was him.

Throwing caution to the wind, I licked my lips- this caught his attention instantly.

He froze as he watched me.

I raised my chin, my lips moving to brush again his own.

One more inch and they'd be connected. And then I'd see what it would feel like to have something that I needed.

But then, Sebastian moved back.

And the build up that had my heart thumping and emotions spiralling out of control crumbled around me. I was left in utter shock.