Exploring

Jaebum's POV:

When we got to the cafe we sat down. I started looking at the menu but Yugyeom just stared out the window.

"Aren't you going to order anything?"

"I'm not hungry."

"How are you not hungry? I doubt you ate lunch."

He glared at me. I looked back down at the menu. I was going to make him eat something. Kid looked like he hadn't eaten in weeks. When the waitress came by I ordered 2 ham and cheese sandwiches and 2 waters. When she left Yugyeom turned to me to speak.

"How can you possibly eat 2 sandwiches by yourself?"

"I'm only eating 1."

It dawned on him that I was going to make him eat something. He started shaking his head.

"That wasn't part of the deal. I'm leaving."

I grabbed his arm before he could get out of the booth.

"Please stay. I didn't mean to offend you. I just have this thing about feeding people"

"Well maybe you should try having a thing about  respecting people's wishes. I'm leaving"

With that he walked out. I grabbed payed and got the food to go and chased after him. He was far enough where I couldn't catch up until he stopped walking. I saw him round a corner. When I did the same I didn't see him any more. Instead I saw forest. Assuming he went in there I started walking through it. I didn't know which way he could have gone but I was sure I could find him. 

After what felt like 10 minutes of walking through the forest I heard loud sobs. I followed the sound to a clearing. There I saw Yugyeom shaking and sobbing. I walked up to him as quietly as I could.

"Yugyeom why are you crying?"

I heard him gasp. He started to frantically wipe at his eyes but the tears kept coming. He managed to force his sobs to become hiccups but they were still noticeable. He didn't answer so I decided to ask again.

"Why are you crying"

"It's none of your business. Leave me alone."

"Why won't you eat?"

"Go away. You don't even know me."

"Why do you feel so sad?"

"Leave me alone! Can't you get the hint. Go away! I don't want you here!"

"No"

I plopped myself on the ground next to him. 

"I'm no budging until you tell me what's wrong-"

He started getting up but I caught a hold of his arm and pulled him back down.

"-and neither are you."

All he did was cross his arms and glare at the ground in front of him. He was stubborn, that much was certain. 

"You can trust me you know." 

"I don't even know you. So how can I?"

"Well I could tell you things about myself"

No answer.

"I'll take that as a yes. My name is Jaebum as you already know. I am 17 years old.  I love music, food, and my mom. My favorite colors are grey and white. I like to cook and sing, not exactly at the same time. And I've gotten expelled from 3 different schools. Which sounds totally bad but I had very good reasons for doing what I did. I usually don't talk to people when I don't have to, unless it's my mom. And my dad has been absent since I was 2, or at least that's what my mom says. I can't really remember much about from the time I was 4 and down. Okay now can you trust me? Or if you don't feel comfortable with telling me just yet how about you tell me about yourself? Like an eye for an eye kind of thing."

I had realized that he wasn't crying anymore. He looked a little annoyed but not sad anymore. It looked like he wasn't going to talk but then he let out a sigh.

"If it gets you to leave me alone."

"No promises."

"My names Kim Yugyeom as you already know. I'm 16-"

"So I'm your hyung!" He ignored my comment.

"-I love music and dance. My favorite color is Blue. I've never gotten expelled. My mom died when I was 5. I live with my dad. And I don't normally talk to people."

"Thank you for sharing that with me. Do you feel better?"

"Yeah" he said almost absentmindedly. I smiled lightly while looking at my lap.

"Are you hungry?"

"No" *stomach growl*

 "Your body says otherwise."

He turned away from me. Suddenly I had a light bulb moment.

"Are you avoiding food for a certain reason?"

I could see him tense up. That was confirmation enough.

"You know I don't believe this is very healthy. And I doubt the people who love you wouldn't think this was healthy either."

He turned to me with a scowl on his face.

"No one loves me. No one talks to me. No one hangs out with me. I am alone. Only I know what's best for me! Who are you to tell me what's healthy for me?"

I was shocked by his outburst. I couldn't stay too shocked though because he started to get up again. I got up as quick as I could and grabbed his wrist to keep him in place. I hugged him from behind as I whispered into his ear.

"I won't let you be alone anymore"

A.N.

I am so sorry for not updating until now! I wanted to have this up a long time ago but I had lost the inspiration to and then with school and homework it was hard. But I will try to update more regularly from now on!

I don't really know if this chapter was any good but I quite like how it ended.

Until next time lovelies🖤