Chapter 14

When Irene saw you step into the apartment, she ran to you with a huge smile on her face.

"Y/n! You're finally back!!!" She said surprisingly.

Well, thinking about it, you've been in that forest for days.

"I'm fine Irene," You told her, "I, uhm... Was just visiting my mother."

You poured yourself a glass of water and grabbed it off the counter.

She looked extremely worried, with tears in her eyes, "I thought you were dead!"

You nearly spat the water out of your mouth.
"Why?" You asked while coughing.

"You know that serial killer, Min Yoongi?" She asked, "He went to Mr. Kim's house the day you were giving him the file and shot him in the leg!"

Woah... I never knew about this, he never told me!

"And I thought he'd do something to you too since you were there!" She said anxiously, clutching your arm tightly.

You laughed awkwardly.

"Don't worry, I'm fine." You said, assuring her, "I just need something to eat and a shower."

"Mr. Kim's in hospital by the way," Irene added, "wouldn't you want to visit him?"

"Yeah, just after I get something to eat and a shower."

You stepped into the bathroom, as you closed the door and placed your back against the wall.

You felt emptiness, as if something was missing, something very important was missing.

Something pressuring also was building in your body, and it could burst at anytime.

You slid all the way down to the floor as you ran your fingers into your greasy hair that hasn't been washed for days.

You stood up and took off your dirty clothes as you went into the shower.

The soothing, hot water ran over your body while you stood there emotionless.

You felt absolutely helpless and anxious for some reason... It bothered you very much because you could feel your eyes wetting.

You rubbed some shampoo into your hair and started humming a tune so the water could wash all the feelings away.

***

After you showered and stuffed yourself with rice, feeling refreshed and clean, you were ready to head to the hospital.

You hopped into the car and sat there a while, zoning out, memorizing all the memories in this vehicle.

Suddenly, you remembered that you still had Yoongi's file. You were still curious of how desperate he was to get hold of it.

You shoved your keys in the storage case and took the green-covered file out.

The file was really thin, and when you opened it, it only consisted of one page.

It was a contract.

Contract between Mr. Kim and Kim Min Jun.

Kim Min Jun was the judge for this murder case of Yoongi.

You viewed the piece of article with shock and disgust.

Mr. Kim has bribed Judge. Kim for this case. No matter how hard or how true Yoongi's words are at court, he'd still be severely punished, the results that'll definitely make the victim families satisfied.

With anger, you slammed your door and drove as fast as you could to the hospital.

***

Mr. Kim lay in bed with his eyes closed.

You went to the side of his bed and coughed artificially.

He opened his eyes slowly, raising his eyebrows.

"Y/n?" He asked with suspicion.

"Yes, I'm Y/n. Mr. Kim." You told him.

He sat up, still looking at you with that same glare, as if he was very surprised of your existence.

You plopped the file onto his lap, "Were you in a struggle to find this?"

When he got a glimpse of that file, his eyes immediately widened, "How did you get it!?"

"The black haired guy who left your house dropped this on your doorstep." You lied, acting as if you didn't know who Yoongi was.

"He was injured so I wanted to check on him, but he drove away. Then I recieved a call from my mother at Busan, informing that my father's very ill."

"So I had to go back home, to take care of my father. I kept this file in my car, until I decided to take a look. And it is the most gruesome thing I've ever seen." You told him, with absolute distaste.

He was speechless for a while, then he looked angry, "I could sue you of invading my privacy."

You laughed at how ridiculous he was, "And I, could sue you of bribery!"

"You don't even have the right to! You don't have a license!" He shouted madly.

"To my deffense, I'm applying for an internship." You said firmly.

He laughed wildly, "You know I could do the same thing, right Y/n? Just pay a little of my money and win the case, and you'll pay the consequences and face the punishments."

"You are literally shameless!" You yelled, "I thought you weren't that bad! I respected you and this is how you turn out to be!"

"Y/n, you may keep that file, it won't help you winning our case if you intend to put this in court." He said casually.

You knew he was just scaring you, but that was definitely not going to affect you.

"And you're a lawyer, Mr. Kim. Aren't you atleast a little ashamed?" You questioned.

He just smirked at you as if you said something that didn't make sense.

"You're paying money to win a case, but at the end, you get nothing." You said.

He smiled at you, "No Y/n, if I put him to death, I'll get all that pure gold from 3 wealthy families. It's so much."

You gritted your teeth with anger, "You know what, Mr. Kim? We will see each other at court."

"For what? Because I bribed the judge? Grow up Y/n." He said with a mocking tone.

"No, we'll see each other for another case."

A/n: peopleeeee, please remember to vote, if you dont want to, atleast leave a comment to give me inspiration.

Thank you💗