-5: Recovery and Meet ups-

SCARLET'S POV

I opened my eyes to a dark room, laying on the cold floor. Looking around, I realized that I was in my house.

"What happened....?" I check the time and date. It's been an entire day. Luckily, I didn't have anything particularly important to do.

I walk over to my small bathroom and rinse my face. {Was everything a dream? No, it felt too real. And the cuts....} I looked at my arm and head. The injuries were gone.

Slowly, all the events began to come back to you. The house. The bridge. You screaming at J.

"Yaaah!" I screamed to myself as remember what I said. "What the heck is wrong with me?! Why would I say those things? I have to-"

My phone rings.

Caller ID: Unknown.

I picked up for some odd reason.

"Ah, so you are over there now." J lets out a sigh.

"Yeah but," I pause. "How did you even get my number?" I didn't give it to him. Did I?

"Don't ask."

"Hmm okay..." I then remember what I had said to him earlier. "Hey, I'm sorry about what I said before. I didn't mean it..."

"It's fine. I just hope you got back safely and nothing weird happened. In the meantime, I'll take care of myself and you take care of yourself."

"Um alright...."

Selfish, careless. He doesn't even care, does he?

"Oh my gosh, just shut up for once, can't you?!" I screamed.

"What?" Oops.

"I wasn't talking to you, sorry. I'll talk to you later."

"Oh okay, bye-" I cut the phone before he could say anything else.

The phone rings again.

"Oh my gosh, I said I'd call back later!"

"Ara?" This is not J's voice...

"Oh my gosh! Taye! I though you were someone else."

"Where have you been?!" He screams. "I called times without number, and you are now just responding?! And this is how you greet me afterwards? Can't even say sorry?"

Oh no, he's pissed. "Look, I'm sorry. Something came up."

"And you couldn't pick up for a whole day?"

"Yeah...." Excuse, find an excuse. "As soon as I came back home, I was so tired that I basically passed out in bed. I'm sorry. Forgive me?" I hear a long sigh on the other side.

"Of course, but don't do it again."

"Can't promise that." I feel a smirk spread slowly across my face.

"What?"

I laugh to myself. "Hey, where are you? Let's catch up."

A long pause passed by. "Uh, I'm not far from your place. Be ready in fifteen then. Bye."

"Wait-" The phone cuts.

My hair is everywhere and haven't taken a shower. Fifteen minutes to fix this mess I call myself. This won't end well.

•--•--•