11

'Are you sure?' Nadine asks him again.

'Yeah.' James answers her as he goes on to gently stroke her hair. 'Let's just stay like this.'

He hears her sigh before she quietly says, 'Okay.'

James feels the contentment in her voice. It makes him feel like she likes being like this with him as much as he does.

Maybe she'll stay tonight...

That little thought of his makes him so happy, he gives her a kiss on her head. It makes her look up at him and she gives him a kiss on the lips. And it feels so normal, like they've been doing this for a while.

But yeah, they've really been doing this for a while, and it feels like this is the most perfect thing in the world.

He smiles at her.

'Why are you smiling?' She asks.

'Nothing.' He answers, still with the same smile.

'Weird mo.' She says as she props on her elbow to playfully pinch his nose.

It makes him chuckle.

'You just think I'm cute.'

She rolls her eyes, but yes, he is cute. So she kisses him, leaving his lips with a smile same as hers.

She sighs, still with a small smile as she marvels at his face.

She's glad she came.

'Oh, why are you smiling?' He mocks her.

'Wala! Bakit?' She says before teasing him back. 'You think I'm cute too, noh?'

'No...' He answers as he suddenly rolls them over to get on top of her.

She yelps. He doesn't care.

'I think you're absolutely beautiful...'

They way he said just makes her want to shudder.

He's being awfully sweet lately and she doesn't want to think much of it. Because she just shouldn't.

His eyes are not playful anymore as she stares into them.

She watches his eyes roam around her face, from her lips back to her eyes.

'You...' He says softly, but he stops himself.

You make me so happy.

Somehow, he couldn't say it.

Maybe he's afraid.

So he just kisses her.

He leans in to the kiss. It was soft, but intense. It's full of passion.

He breathes her in, breathing her in because right now she is his strength.

He needs her.

He breaks away from the kiss just to see her again.

He never really expected to enjoy just laying with her. But he does. Even if it's just holding her and doing nothing. Just merely being with each other.