one

CHAPTER ONE!
001. A burning fire

|| THIS IS WAR ||❝A warning to the people, the good and the evil, this is war

|| THIS IS WAR ||
A warning to the
people, the good
and the evil,
this is war.

➳➳

MOST MORNINGS CONSISTED of the exact same within District Five.

The sun would rise above the horizon in the summer, but in the winter it was as if it barely rose at all as the clouds and smoke managed to blind the people to the foggy sun and white fluffy clouds. There wasn't any frost that dusted the tops of the houses, or any plants that sprouted the most beautiful winter flowers to hide the fact that most of the world was barren in the chill; the home of Panem's power was barely considered a home to most that passed by.

Instead of the grass that most of the Districts walked on, District 5 had concrete and steel. Instead of trees, they had power lines that were charred and rotting at the wooden posts and town skyscrapers that were simply power plants. The skyline was artificial, and the water was pumped into the pipes through the beautiful countryside around them that was fenced off to everyone inside- those that had grown up either in the brick filled splendor that came from making something so valuable, or in run down, tin-pot shacks that barely classed as living.

The difference was almost immeasurable, and that jump in wealth was where the Titan family was born.

In the outskirts of the town, right beside the generators that roared throughout the night as electricity was made, a small line of houses were left. Each was made with something different- the house in question that the Titan siblings used to live in was made out of some kind of metal sheets and rope instead of brick and concrete. The oldest brother- who has been there almost since he was three years old- couldn't imagine how it had kept itself up for so long through so much.

Remy Titan liked to think that the house held some kind of magic. He always used to say that it was the will of the family that kept the walls up in the winter storms and the roof from falling in on his two room house; he always said that it was the world taking pity on him and the people he was there with.

To begin with it was his mother, and then, as the years passed by and tragedy struck, it was him and his sisters.

As the winters flew by and age took over, the sisters began to realise that the house on the edge of District 5 wasn't as magical as their brother has said, and he wasn't as much of a superhero as they had first thought. The youngest sister always kind of believed that the house she had was special because of who had made it, even if it had no real working heat or water.

She believed it would always stand strong, and she was right.

Even on the eve of the last day of winter after the 74th annual Hunger Games, that tin-pot shack still stood on the outskirts of town, only now it wasn't the Titan's house, and it wasn't his sister's either.