Chapter 10: The Proposal

A/N: Prepare for long chappie!

3 Years Later

Rainbow's POV:

Soarin and I have been dating for about three years now. My friends now have coltfriends too. Twilight is now engaged to Flash, Rarity is engaged to Fancy Pants, Pinkie is dating Cheese Sandwich, Fluttershy is dating Big Mac, and AJ is dating Caramel. Life is perfect. Soarin and I have grown closer to each other everyday, and don't want us ever to fall apart.

Soarin's POV:

"Dashie, you have really brightened up my life since that day you saved me at The Young Flyers Competition." I was talking to myself in the mirror "ugh, no, no! This should be a special proposal, but not too cheesy, 'cause Dashie hates that." I heard a knock on the door, "Soar, why are you talking to yourself?" Rainbow asked. "Crud.." I muttered to myself, I stepped out the bathroom, praying she didn't hear me. "No reason, Rainbow." I chuckled, nervously. "Mmhm, anyway come on downstairs. I made breakfast." she gestured. "Phew.." I mumbled. I followed her downstairs, I grabbed both of us a plate. "Thanks, Soar." she said. "You're welcome, Dashie." We both sat down at the table, silence. So quiet.. I broke the silence "soo, Rainbow, if you were to have a child, what would you name him/her?" I asked. She looked at me dead in the face A/N: Awkward... Secretly fangirling! "Oh Celestia, why did ask that?! I screwed up bad!" my thoughts were yelling at me. She blushed "w-well, I don't know, Soarin'" she said, shocked "maybe something that has "rainbow" in it was a girl, or guy maybe something with "spectrum" in it." "Like "Rainbow Flaire" or "Spectrum Blast?" I asked. "Yea.. I like those names." she said "by the way Soarin, you've been acting a bit weird all morning, why?" "She's picking up! The clues are too obvious! Abort! Abort!." my thoughts were now screaming. "Just breathe.." I muttered "it's no reason, Rainbow." I said, keeping cool. "I don't believe you." she said. "Keep it together! Keep it together!" "Just shut up already!" I mumbled through gritted teeth. "What?" Dash said, sternly. "Dashie, I just need to step outside for a moment." I said "get some fresh air." "You really need it, heck, you're sweating!" she pointed out. "Be right back." I said. I stepped outside the Cloudominium, and let out a huge sigh. "That was a close one!" I breathed, heavily "I gotta plan out tonight, but I'm gonna need help." I carefully crept off the side of the cloud and flew into town. I approached Sweet Apple Acres, and knocked on the door. Applejack answered it "howdy partner, what can I do for ya?" she asked. "Well, tonight I'm going to propose to Rainbow Dash." I said. "That's amazin'! But why are ya here talkin' ta me?" she asked. "I was hoping I could do it near your parent's tree." "Sure, that is an a-ok with me." she said. "Thank you, Applejack." I said then took off. "No problem!" she exclaimed.

Applejack's POV:

I shut the door "yeehaw! This is amazin'!" I exclaimed, bucking my hooves in the air. "What is honey?" Caramel asked "why are you so giddy?" "One of my best friends is going to get married!" "Oh, I see." he said "well, that's spectacular news!"

Soarin's POV:

I trotted on up to the jeweler's store to go pick out a ring. I choose a rose-gold ring with a diamond that was shaped like a lighting bolt. I paid the clerk and flew back to our house, where an angry Rainbow Dash was waiting. I opened the door and a blur of colors pinned me to the ground. "Where have you been?!" Rainbow demanded. "Out flying." I lied (well it wasn't technically a lie since that since was out all day.) "You could've told me atleast than have me worrying." she said, getting off me. A/N: You guys sound like a married couple XDD "You're right, I'm sorry." I apologized. She sighed and flew upstairs, I found some string in the kitchen drawer, and tied it to the ring. I went upstairs to find Dashie.

Rainbow's POV:

I sat on my bed and looked out my window, the sun was setting over the horizon. I heard hoof steps coming upstairs, I pretended not to notice. "Hey, Rainbow.." Soarin entered. I ignored him, he climbed up next to me. "Listen Dashie, I'm sorry for earlier.." he said again. I sighed "Soar.. I forgive you, it's just, why have you been acting strange all day?" I asked. "I'll tell you when we get there." he said. "Huh? Get where?" "Down to Sweet Apple Acres." he said. "Um.. ok?" I was so confused. We both flew on down to Sweet Apple Acres, back where AJ's parents planted their tree. "Soarin, what are we doing down here?" I asked. "Rainbow Dash, you have brightened up my life since that first day we met." Soarin started "from these past years, we have grown in each other's presence, helping each other out along the way. I don't ever want to be apart from you." I could feel hot tears rolling down my face "what? I never cry!" I told myself. He got down on his knees, "Rainbow Dash, will you marry me?" he asked, holding out the ring. A/N: Dies of fangirling!! "Ohmygosh!Ohmygosh!Ohmygosh!Ohmygosh!" my thoughts were out of control. "Yes, Soarin. I will marry you." I said. Now all the pieces of the puzzle from today were fitting. "Now I understand why you were acting so weird, ya big doof!" I exclaimed. "Yep." We both locked in for a deep, passionate kiss. It got darker out, we flew on back home. We heard laughing, and a green pegasus fly out the clouds. "Miss me?" he asked. "Oh, Celestia no!" I muttered. "Let's go." Soarin said. "This time, I will destroy you." Zephyr said menacingly, pointing at Soarin "Rainbow Dash.. will.. be.. mine." A/N: Somepony's gone Yandere.. "Fly Dashie, fly!" Soarin shouted. "No, I'm not leaving you." Zephyr charged at Soarin, he dodged. "Rainbow, you have to go.." Soarin pleaded. "No! I will not back down, especially if my friend/future husband is in danger." Zephyr punched Soar in the face, his nose started to bleed. I gasped, and charged at him. I missed, he knocked Soar unconscious. "HOW DARE YOU?!" I screamed at him A/N: Nopony comes in between Soarindash!! I tried fighting him, but he had greater strength than me. Soon I was out...

A/N: I was gone for quite sometime now... but now I'm back! What will become of of these two lovebirds? Will Zephyr Breeze be brought to justice? Find out in my next chappie! Hope you guys enjoyed this chappie for now! Signing off for now...

Starlight Story