Chapter 37- Luna's letter

*Edited* 

When Hermione and Lucius returned Hermione found her father in his study with Bellatrix asleep in his arms. 

Hermione noticed a glass of red liquid, most likely blood, sitting beside her father. It didn't bother Hermione that her father was part vampire now. 

He was still her father. He would always be her father, no matter what. Hermione smiles at her parents and quietly goes over. 

Voldemort looks over at his daughter who sadly shakes her head. Voldemorts eyes flash with fire for a moment before dying. 

"I'm sorry daddy, trust me I wanted this too." Hermione says letting Voldemort pull her into his arms, making sure not to wake Bellatrix. 

"It's alright my dear. I expect this to happen. That is why I set into motion a second plan if this were to fail. And it looks like that investment paid off." Voldemort says. 

Hermione nods. "We ran into potter and Dumbledore daddy." Hermione says. 

Voldemorts grip on his daughter tightens and sensing his fear Hermione rests her head on her fathers shoulder. 

"He didn't do anything Daddy. I promise." Hermione says soothing her fathers worries. Voldemort relaxes slightly and looks at his daughter for permission. 

Hermione nods and Voldemort gently slips Into her mind. As Voldemort watches his daughters memories his grip tightened on Hermione once more. 

Voldemort suspected Dumbledore was up to something. And it could be nothing good. Pulling out of hermiones mind, Voldemort gently kisses hermiones head. 

"You were wonderful my dear." Voldemorts says. Hermione smiles. "Thanks Dad." Hermione beams. 

Voldemort chuckles slightly before looking down at Bellatrix who shifts slightly. She curls closer into her loves arms and mumbles "such a daddy's girl." 

This makes both Hermione and her father laugh. Bellatrix smiles sleepily before looking over at her daughter. 

Hermione hugs her mother gently before leaving and heading up to bed leaving her parents alone.

A few weeks later after hogwarts had started Hermione got a letter. 

When she saw who it was from she couldn't help but raise an eyebrow. The letter was from Luna Lovegood. 

Hermione had always suspected that Luna knew about her true heritage but she didn't act upon it because hermione still considered Luna her friend. 

She could feel the dark aura that always surrounded the strange girl and had hoped one day to turn her to their side. 

But didn't get the chance because of one meddling old coot. Upon reading the letter Hermione can't control her anger. 

Her eyes go to the red bloody streaks that painted the letter and that only fueled her anger. 

Hermione knew she was going to have to act fast if she wanted to save the girl she'd considered a friend. 

Hermione wastes no time tracking down her father in his study and informing him of the contents of the letter. 

And as Voldemort reads the letter, he too feels his anger begin to get out of control. But unlike Hermione, Voldemort could no longer control his magic. 

Books, chairs and everything inside the study goes flying around the room. Nearly taking hermiones head off with it. 

Feeling how great her fathers anger was hermione wraps her arms around her father and hugs him tightly. 

"Daddy please, i'm angry too but you've got to calm down." Hermione says feeling her fathers seemingly ever growing anger. 

Hermione knew that her father would never hurt her. She loved him and trusted him with her life. 

Voldemorts red eyes flash down to his daughter and slowly Voldemort feels his rage dissipating. Hermione hugs her father tighter. 

"We have to help her dad." Hermione whispers. Voldemort gives a startling growl and pulls away from his daughter. 

The growl makes Hermione frown. And she observeds as Voldemort paces almost like a caged tiger. 

"Dumbledore has gone to far this time. We will indeed help Ms. Lovegood. Can she be trusted Hermione?" Voldemorts asks meeting his daughters eyes. 

Hermione nods. "She is one I would still consider a friend dad. I trust her."Hermione says. Voldemort nods. 

He gently takes hermiones necklace, the port key, and sets it on the desk before conjuring up a note. He wraps the necklace around the note before waving his wand. 

Voldemort concentrates for a moment, trying to get through the hogwarts wards, before the necklace vanishes. 

Voldemort then looks back at the bloody letter that Hermione had brought to him. And he lets his eyes travel over the words once more.

Hermione

Dumbledore came to my home this summer. Did you know he is infested with Wrackspurts. It's messing with his head because he tried to convince me and dad that you had turned dark. But I know better. I know the truth. Anyway when I got to the school Dumbledore never took his eyes off me. And dad said he would try something. And he was right. Dumbledore took me up to his office after dinner tonight and tried to get me join his order. When I said no, he told me how you were the key to killing your father. And that he needed my help because you're my friend. He said that once tom was dead that he would make the world like it should be. He would get rid of all the pure bloods and leave only those he deemed worthy. I think the wrackspurts have changed his brain because the more he talked the crazier it got. I tried to escape but he attacked me. But I did managed to escape thanks to hogwarts help but not without getting hurt really bad. I'm hidden in a broom closet but It's not safe here anymore. He's looking for me. Can you ask tom for help? Because I don't think that I'm going to be able to get out of Hogwarts without your help. I have to go. I think I hear him coming. Please hurry.

Pulling his eyes away from the letter Voldemort could feel himself struggling to control his anger once more. 

He knew that Dumbledore has been up to something but learning about his plans only sent Voldemort over the edge toward his hatred of the old fool. 

Hermione could see her father struggling to control himself and she couldn't blame him. Hermione felt angry as well. 

Luna was her friend and it was angering that Dumbledore went after her because of that. Hermione looks up at her father, and watches as he calls a house elf. 

"Get narcissa. We are going to need her." Voldemort orders. 

The house elf obeys and disappear. Seconds after the house elf vanishes a loud pop fills the air as bloody and beaten almost unrecognizable body collapses in front of Voldemort. 

It was Luna Lovegood.