It's Like a Holiday!

[I'm trying to pour myself into these next couple chapters that consist of happy memories since there will soon be a very painful chapter coming up that I'm not at all ready to write. So I'm turning on some happy music and remembering these good times before things get serious. So anyway, enoy, comment, vote, whatever you wish.

Oh, and that's a picture of me that was taken during the month this event in this chapter happened. I think I'm daydreaming about Devin there or something. Katie and I took my camera and made funny faces in the mirror for hours. Yes, I'm aware that my teeth were horrible back then.]

I logged onto Myyearbook.com (A website I used to love in middle school and no longer use) immediately after coming home and sent a message to Katie, bouncing up in down in my cross-legged position on the floor.

"Best afternoon ever!" I typed with shaky fingers.

"Lol, why?" She responded within the minute.

Grinning mischeviously to myself, I explained the recent events sans too much detail, and I nearly fell back into a ball from laughing at her reaction.

"OH MY GOD, OH MY GOD, OH MY GOD!" repeated vertically down the message box at least twenty times. "I'm so proud of you!" She was aware of the lack of experience I had with men and seemed to think this session of "sucking face" was a moment of triumph.

Burying my head in my hands to muffle the almost breathless laughter, I stared at the computer screen to drink in her words.

Well, at least when I watch movies, I know what it feels like when two people can't get their tongues unscrewed enough to come up for breath.

~~~

A foreign, giddy sensation rushed over me upon waking the next morning, as I woke up about thirty minutes earlier than usual and stepped rhythmically down the hall to get dressed for the day.

"You're up early," my mom commented from her bedroom that's adjacent to my bathroom, sending me back to reality.

"Uh, yeah, couldn't sleep," I lied. "Figured I'd get up now since I can't sleep anyway."

She flipped her dyed, blonde hair over her shoulder as she shrugged them. "O-okay..."

~~~

"You coming?" Devin asked through text message as I strode up the street at around six twenty that morning.

"Waling there now," I responded upon turning the corner to reach the main drag.

"Waling?" I could tell he was probably rolling his eyes at my typo."

"I meant walking," I said, putting my phone back in my jacket pocket and cursing my clumsy fingers; or "jelly" fingers, as I call them.

"K." (Bleh, I hate when he does that! Just type the whole word! I'm done ranting now...)

I zipped the gray and purple jacket with two numb fingers and buried my hands within the pockets, striding quickly uphill to break through the brisk morning chill that accompanies the arrival of January. I nearly ran up to Devin's door when I saw him open it and wave from the inside.

He greeted me with a tender peck on the lips and led me inside, talking over his shoulder as I bent down to pet Chewie (short for Chewbacca).

"You want some breakfast?" he called from the kitchen as he poured cereal.

"No, thank you!" I called back, kneeling down on the cold wood floors and running my fingers through the little dog's caramel-colored, curly fur. I cooed at the dog, whatever breed he is, and let him lick my face like my dogs often do. He seemed to have realized that he'd met a new friend.